How'd Matt and Jeff do?

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Both did good in the bracket class with their utility trucks, neither were able to run the fast trucks. Jeff's is still down and Matt was having issues with the new trans.

Event was hampered by rain, the last 2 rounds of drag racing in each class were cancelled, and Work Stock pull was cancelled.

Track conditions were borderline dangerous, even for street trucks. The only Unlimited truck (cummins powered s-10) wrecked due to the track crew missing an oil down on the previous run, that everyone in attendance saw but them. NTR is a real joke of a track.

NADM did about as good as they could have given the crappy weather and shitty track. They did blow it by cancelling the Work Stock class. It had stopped raining and the sun came out and then they thanked everyone for coming and split.:confused:

Last edited:

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Track was teriable but it was the best it could be, givin the situation at hand. The front wheel wells on my truck look like i was in a burn out competition!!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Track conditions were borderline dangerous, even for street trucks. The only Unlimited truck (cummins powered s-10) wrecked due to the track crew missing an oil down on the previous run, that everyone in attendance saw but them. NTR is a real joke of a track.
I saw the video last night. Brandon did a great job not wrecking it, he only caught the right rear corner on the wall.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I saw the video last night. Brandon did a great job not wrecking it, he only caught the right rear corner on the wall.

I was standing down at the bottom of the bleachers near the 1/8th when he lost it, recovered it, lost it, then tapped the wall. He's one hell of a driver. I thought it was going over.

Track was teriable but it was the best it could be, givin the situation at hand. The front wheel wells on my truck look like i was in a burn out competition!!

That was one slick looking track. Your truck was all over the place.

I didnt race, but had a good time hanging out with everyone.

See yinz at Numidia. :thumb:

Last edited:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
I'm still wiping the tears away! Finally get a hometown race and cant make it, what a bummer. Oh well, they wouldnt let us run the 1/4 mi anyway, because of track seepage on the big end. The crowd was great for a rainy day, just not a good competitor turnout. Now thinking about the Super Chevy event this weekend in Norwalk OH.:D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry to hear the event was all screwed up. Why in god's name would they put on an event under those conditions (weather and track)? Sheesh.

Glad the S10 driver is ok.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Great save... i understand the weather conditions weren't ideal but tracks really have to understand that we need our tracks prepped great.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
While the weather didn't cooperate, it was blast watching the utility body trucks of Matt and Jeff fly down the track. No one has mentioned the local kid (18 year old) that was treeing the crap out of people in a gray Dmax van, he was some sort of track champion there last year. That boy could drive!
Caleb and Chris, it was a blast as always, see you this weekend at PRP hopefully, and then on to Numidia!
:thumb:

Last edited:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Columbus race

Had a ball not working on my truck and having fun. Ted, you should have stopped over I didn't know you was there. I went out the second rd when I hit the brakes to hard. Margin of victory was .001!!! It's just a shame I was on the wrong end! Jeff

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
No one has mentioned the local kid (18 year old) that was treeing the crap out of people in a gray Dmax van, he was some sort of track champion there last year. That boy could drive!

That van is what he hauls his low 9 second Busa in. Definitely a good driver/rider.

Wish they could have finished out the rounds.:(

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Track sounded pretty scarey, glad no one wrecked real bad or was hurt. Jeff and Matt guess we'll see you in Topeka in Sept if you plan on making that race? We'll be in Wyoming the end of the month. Max'd out will only be in acouple more sancioned races before Topeka. Nothing happening very close to us so will do some local stuff in Boise.