How to use Scan Tool To check DSP5 Voltage

BLACKLBZ

Speed Junkie
Dec 6, 2008
Cincinnati
Can somebody explain how to use the scan tool to check DSP5 voltage? I did the full flash on the tune tool, but when I turn the switch it doesn't seem to change. I've never used the scan part of this so any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,

John

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Connect all the cables between the truck and your computer, start the scan tool software, turn the key on, click the green button in the upper left corner of the screen, when the window pops up select E35A LBZ ECM from the drop down menu and click OK. Now click the PID tab (or press F8) and scroll down to DSP5 Switch Voltage (LBZ-LMM) PID. I would also suggest you select the DSP5 Tune (LBZ-LMM) PID. Double click them to select them. Once they are selected, click the Data tab (or press F9). You should see those two PIDs listed. You can now see what the ECM is seeing by clicking either the yellow or red circle at the bottom center of the screen. The yellow will let you view without recording, and the red will let you view and record so you can save it to review later.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
So if I installed my switch, reflashed it an tried to read the voltage, and it still doesn't recognize the switch. so I moved the ground and reflashed but still nothing (and yes I have checked the pin in the ECM) what next? A new switch?

BLACKLBZ

Speed Junkie
Dec 6, 2008
Cincinnati
With the limited knowledge I have with it, I'd have to say the switch isn't working. After learning how the computer part of this DSP5 stuff works, the the switch part of this is very simple. Could your signal wire itself have a bad spot in it? Just a thought.