How should I proceed!?

xJRich5

Jan 22, 2017
Hello all!
New to the Duramax world and have already learned a little from the knowledge here.
2005 2500 CCSB LS LLY
Now my question is this! Where should I start!?
I believe I have a general idea of where I want to end up down the road, but I don't have the money laying around to do everything at once.
What would be the smartest route to take?

I want-
Edge Insight CTS2 w/ EGT probe
EFI Live by Idaho Rob (Mild Maxx)
S&B Mouthpiece
PCV reroute
Adapt-A-Case pump rub fix
Cognito idler/pitman support kit
Upgraded harness
ProFab 3" downpipe
4" turbo back exhaust
Wehrli EGR delete (Y-Bridge kit and up pipe)
FASS lift pump
Transmission build

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

CentolaCCSB

It will probably break
Nov 2, 2015
Mass
Well if u want to save money you can do a PCV reroute yourself with materials bought from a local hardware store for idk 20 bucks. Just do a search on here of it. Maybe drop the idea of the s&b mouthpiece and do an LBZ mouthpiece instead. Again youll need to run to the hardware store to connect to the airtube. Save your trans for last maybe unless you really need it and just pick away at everything every other month like i did.. good luck

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
It looks like you're in the right track there. I have an s&b intake and love it. Fass is a great pump but I do prefer my kennedys with a cat filter on the factory head. And gotta love the sound of a 5 inch exhaust :woott: but that's just my .02. Oh and look into some tie rod sleeves or hd tie rods.

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
I would do the trans build first and replace the down pipe and exhaust while I had the trans out. It is my understanding the down pipe comes out easier with the trans out. Then lift pump. I have a S&B MP with S&B intake and like it.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
I would do the trans build first and replace the down pipe and exhaust while I had the trans out. It is my understanding the down pipe comes out easier with the trans out. Then lift pump. I have a S&B MP with S&B intake and like it.

LLYs are good trucks. Yep, do trans first, do downpipe and pump rub all at the same time. LBZ MP works great, costs less than $100 USD to do. Keep the stock airbox & dry filter, do a search for CAI mods for LLY. Stock box is good for 500HP. If EGT is your main concern, get a good EGT gauge & probe like Autometer or Isspro, the Edge probe setup is junk and you will be changing it every time it fails. The Edge monitor is OK otherwise if you really need to keep track of other stuff. Do the harness "ice pick" and inspect/fix the harness where it rubs on the alternator bracket. The harness repair kit uses the same connectors, it just supports the harness a little better so connectors don't get stressed.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
I would recommend mouthpiece, EGR delete or block, PCV re-route, exhaust then lift pump/filter setup. Save some strain on your CP3. Then maybe do trans/tuning depending on what your future plans are. You don't want to have to pay for tunes twice so sit down and think of where you want to end up power wise after you have a built trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk