How much power does a lift pump give you ?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
It's not really a power adder, its a supporting mod. If your running a 400 HP tune it is'nt really needed and probably wont help at that level. If your running mid 400s- 500 HP the stock fuel system cant keep up at that point and a lift pump is a must to get the full potential out of the tune. I have my lift pump set up with a toggle switch and only turn it on when I'm going to do a good long hard run, like at the track. If I'm just passing someone on the highway even though I get into it pretty hard sometimes I rarely turn it on even if I'm on my race tune.

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
I ran around with out a lift pump for awhile and I could drain my fuel system and go into limp pretty easy on comp tunes. I was shocked once I put the AD-II pump on because of how much the truck came alive. I never compared numbers other than seat of pants feel. Put it on

How much extra power does a lift pump give you ?

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
If anything like said earlier it will give you the ability to get the most out of your tune. If you run a big enough tune you will feel a difference on a run with one and without one. In the taller gears your truck will nose over a tad when you dont have the supply to help the cp3 keep up. You in turn should have a better power and the rail pressure should keep a higher psi and get a better burn.

TIMTHECARMAN2004

Block Hole Maker
Sep 23, 2007
I personally think that a lift pump is always good for a truck even if you are not running a big tune. You have to think that a duramax is a vaccum system, so the cp3 gear pump has to provide enough fuel to the cp3 for it to run. If this gear pump looses the ability to provide fuel it hurts the cp3 and possibly the rest of the fuel system.

When you put a lift pump on, one with the ability to remove air would be the best. :thumb:

rulonjj

Mar 14, 2009
I ran around with out a lift pump for awhile and I could drain my fuel system and go into limp pretty easy on comp tunes. I was shocked once I put the AD-II pump on because of how much the truck came alive. I never compared numbers other than seat of pants feel. Put it on

X2

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They are worth the money. Get one and you won't regret it. Imagine drinking a coke through a straw vs drinking a milkshake and you will quickly realize the difference.

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
Quick question, not to hi jack this thread but I've read of guys getting better mpgs with a lift pump. Have you guys running one noticed any gains in that department after adding the lift pump?

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
Quick question, not to hi jack this thread but I've read of guys getting better mpgs with a lift pump. Have you guys running one noticed any gains in that department after adding the lift pump?

Thats interesting... hmmm

I've been considering one just for the added filtration, plus you don't have to rely on that silly little prime pump on the stock filter housing.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I notice no difference in mileage with it on or off.

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
I'm pretty close to stock in put one on mine, for the fact that it helps to keep my cp3 from pulling so hard.. Figured cheaper investment to prolong my cp3..

This has to be a benefit when you do notice how the lift helps with the big tunes so much at the point where the stock system loss supply on demand. It is so nice to feel that power keep pulling thru that old place it lost out. The dyno showed it for proof for paper values.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The MPG effect would come from better response and less throttle position given a certain situation. They classify it in the lift pump adds as retarded injection timing. It simply means the fuel being injected is delayed briefly. So some people will see mpg improvements and some may not.