How hard is it to swap a 2017 l5p into a 2017 6.0 gas truck

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Found a stupid cheap deal on a 2017 regular cab gas truck and was wondering how hard it would be to swap an l5p into it?
Probably not terrible, for earlier years gm was pretty good about keeping things similar. I’d guess any modules that don’t work the way they are could be programmed with sps. As far fitment are you talking 3/4 or 1/2 ton?

Smitty_97

Sep 24, 2024
Kentucky
Probably not terrible, for earlier years gm was pretty good about keeping things similar. I’d guess any modules that don’t work the way they are could be programmed with sps. As far fitment are you talking 3/4 or 1/2 ton?
It’s a 3/4 ton I’m thinking I may be able to take the engine bay harness and maybe bcm to get cluster etc to work

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
It’s a 3/4 ton I’m thinking I may be able to take the engine bay harness and maybe bcm to get cluster etc to work
Yup your on the right track, if you can get everything from donor truck that’s a plus.

For my 2014 Camaro swap, I’m using the diesel ecm with all the rest of the factory car modules and it all talks together no problem.

flyinwrenches

Jun 13, 2024
Oklahoma
You guys have more ambition than I do. I have did a few frankenstien swaps in my day and it usually involves me laying on my creeper under the rig questioning all my stupid decisions. I am doing a zf6 swap into my dodge right now. The adapter plate just hit my high dollar banks down pipe...and again, I was laying there questioning my decisions. 😆. It is still cool when it's finished though.

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
You guys have more ambition than I do. I have did a few frankenstien swaps in my day and it usually involves me laying on my creeper under the rig questioning all my stupid decisions. I am doing a zf6 swap into my dodge right now. The adapter plate just hit my high dollar banks down pipe...and again, I was laying there questioning my decisions. 😆. It is still cool when it's finished though.
Hey if it was easy everyone would do it, and then it would t be cool.

Reactions: flyinwrenches