High egts

Redhead45

Seabee1
Oct 5, 2016
Hey everyone have a question I'm sure someone can help. So I had a the O rings blown out on my Y bridge and my egts were high. I have PPE manifolds and up pipes and my egt gauge read anywhere from 650-800 at like 50 mph. When I step on it it gets to like 1000 or more. I know it never did this before the leak cuz my temps were lower. Also my edge cts2 reads like 90- anywhere from 100-300. It varies... anyway I fixed my leak and put in SDP Y bridge and pipe and it still is reading the same temps. I know they should be lower with the PPE manifolds. I had a hissing sound when it was leaking. My boost seems normal but my egts rise. I couldn't get all the bolts in at the bottom of the y bridge but I don't hear any leaks. It's really tight in there and no movement in the y bridge after I installed it. What could be my problems. I posted somewhere else and people said my probes could be bad but I highly doubt my ISSPRO gauge is wrong but maybe my edge probe already took a crap haven't even had it for 7 months. Thanks

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
If your guage is fine it's probably a boost leak. I would start with getting the y bridge in correctly. The bottom bolts are where I would start.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Temps don't sound high to me.... I'd call edge and have em send you a new probe and go from there.. And check for boost leaks when you install it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
How hot of tunes? Temps seem about right to me. I did not see any gains from manifolds and up pipes on stock motor.

Redhead45

Seabee1
Oct 5, 2016
The install has been done already. I have motor ops efi live and don't remember off hand the hp of each level. So either it's fine or I'll wait til something breaks haha. Just curious what temps people have with PPE manifolds

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The install has been done already. I have motor ops efi live and don't remember off hand the hp of each level. So either it's fine or I'll wait til something breaks haha. Just curious what temps people have with PPE manifolds

I've buried pryo gauges with manifolds and up pipes.. There's so many other variables..

Your temps you posted earlier don't sound bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I'd love those temps, at the end of a 1/4 mile I'll see 1800+ but it cools off quick due to the mods I've done. The high temps are one thing but how quick thry get there and how quick they fall off are just as important

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
They sound fine to me, when I had stock turbo/fuel those temps were normal cruising and I could bury my gauge at WOT.