Hey Nerds......Wireless Charging

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Anyone know if there is an aftermarket fix or mod to upgrade the wireless charging to 2 amp from the current 1 amp?
Not sure if the L5P got upgraded to 2 amp or not but most of the new phones require the 2 amp to work.

There are a few things I've read on the net guys have tried to do and say have worked for them but I've tried them all with my Galaxy S7 and it works 1 in 50 times.

GM_Guy

Jan 21, 2016
Southeast MI
I got a mophie case for my galaxy s7 and now wireless charging works for me 90% of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
If there isn't a physical way I seen a card you can plug into the charge port and it just wraps around to the back of your phone and sits inside your case. Makes it a universal wireless charger

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I got the motoZ force with battery pack I avg 20hours before I drop to below 50% on the phones main battery, they also got rid of the micro USB went with a USC which doesn't have dedicated direction it has to go in

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I got the motoZ force with battery pack I avg 20hours before I drop to below 50% on the phones main battery, they also got rid of the micro USB went with a USC which doesn't have dedicated direction it has to go in
I got the Moto z play and the battery life is great! I kinda wish I had gotten the force.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Dale you shouldn't have gone cheap... Should have bought an L5P
Listen to her.......
L5P doesn't have 2A charge either. Basically GM engineering has let their tech fall behind the electronic world. Hopefully they come out with an upgradeable system. It's not hard to get the unit out and change it.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dale, I read something a while back (forget where) about someone adding their own wireless charging system to their console lid. They bought a 12v charger, took it apart, and installed the charger coils under the plastic. If you say you can remove the one in your truck, couldnt you just buy a 12v 2a charger, take it apart, and just replace your element with the higher-amperage one yourself?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Listen to her.......
L5P doesn't have 2A charge either. Basically GM engineering has let their tech fall behind the electronic world. Hopefully they come out with an upgradeable system. It's not hard to get the unit out and change it.

:D :hug:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hey nerds..... I can't even tell if y'all are speaking English. I guess like GM my tech has fallen behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Dale, I read something a while back (forget where) about someone adding their own wireless charging system to their console lid. They bought a 12v charger, took it apart, and installed the charger coils under the plastic. If you say you can remove the one in your truck, couldnt you just buy a 12v 2a charger, take it apart, and just replace your element with the higher-amperage one yourself?
Good chance that's possible but I'm not smart enough nor do I have the time to try and and make something work. At this point I'm going to wait for aftermarket or gm to come up with a soloution. It does occasionally charge albeit slowly. FWIW I have a feeling I'm going to end up with another booster cradle anyways rendering the issue mute but I'm sure there are others that would like this to work.