Hey Everyone

whiskeyrun

Dec 7, 2012
Va.
I just got a 2009 d-max and joined the site to pick up on some good tips on how to keep it running good .......would like to do a little performance to it, for fuel milage and power but need to keep emissions on it .......not sure where to start or what can be done .....any help

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
A lift pump and a good set of efi live tunes should get u started.. Happy holidays and welcome to DD! Let the spending begin!!

whiskeyrun

Dec 7, 2012
Va.
Is there a good stock tune on efi live or one of the other tuners? maybe a notch above stock , I don't have emission test as of right now ,I live in Va. so with the weight no emissions but I don't need a race truck, just good power and fuel mileage and don't have alot of money to burn on this project, but looking to get longevity out of it,I read that most take egr and pfe off is that needed or can something else be done as a workaround. Once again its a 2009 ltz trim pkg,Lmm,6spd with 50,000 miles on it untouched, oil changes every 3k and conditioner every tankful so any helpful tips to keep this baby running.

paytonlb7

Owner at Torq Industries
Jul 16, 2010
Idaho
www.torq-industries.com
Depends on your plans, If you want to remove Emissions EGR, DPF you are limited to EFI Live and H&S for tunes. You have a couple options with EFI, you can either purchase a V2 and learn to tune your self or find a reputable tuner ( like PPEI Kory Willis) that you like and purchase an auto cal. They will build tunes based on what is done to your truck. H&S are still possible to get but hard to come by.

If you don't plan on removing emissions systems there are a bunch of other options also like Edge or Bullydog, both will give you a mild tune with options from 40hp to around 120hp over stock. Hope this helps

whiskeyrun

Dec 7, 2012
Va.
Hey Paytonlb7,
Thanks for the input I am wondering if to leave emissions or remove I've read that the egr is not so good in the long run, now as far as the dpf, I've never had any problems as of yet with any kind of limp mode but I also run alot of highway mostly weekends,just wondering if it is worth the price to remove those pieces or work around them,not sure what the cost would be with or without yet ....still in the thinking stage for now ......thanks again for any input ....

cwolfley

luv'n it.
welcome to the site, i have also just purchased my dmax and getting to know it pretty quick, i gelled up the other day going to work and also had a glow plug go bad at the same time. fun stuff.

Attachments

• dmax2.jpg
    dmax2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 8

whiskeyrun

Dec 7, 2012
Va.
Not my kind of fun,and welcome to the site also! I've had 2 glow plugs go bad but not a biggie still was under dealer hands now its all on me from here on out so just trying to do whats best without alot of headachs and money right now .seems to be alot of experiance on this site hoping to get some great help along the way ........

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Just keep it maintained well, run an additive in the fuel for lubricity.

From what I hear, ATP (Idaho rob) has great EFI Live tunes to work with the emission systems in tact, and they regen a lot less.

whiskeyrun

Dec 7, 2012
Va.
Thanks PureHybrid,Yea been keeping up with the stanadyne and oil changes,basic filters oil,fuel,tranny, from what I understand the regen is not a good thing, I need to check with Idaho rob and see what the cost will be and how to go about getting the EFI live ,Man alot of good info here .thanks Everyone