Help with shipping.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I have a guy that wants to trade me some ppe manifolds and up pipes for my s466. My question is how would you guys go about shipping them so we both know we are not getting screwed?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You don't. I wouldn't go into a deal like that with an unknown or new member, thats for sure.

Think "overkill" when packing items. Use sturdy, NEW boxes and good solid packing materials. Signature required and replacement insurance on everything. I'd have the parts checked out by a third party (especially a turbo) beforehand with documented proof they are in good running shape, too.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
As far as the shipping goes, I think Tom pretty much nailed it no surprise there. Especially the signature required thing. I would lay out all the details as far as item condition, and warranty if there is any in a deal thread and have both parties agree to the terms in public. Both parties should demand many pictures. No garuntee but its a good start. No offense to the new member but it is pretty risky. These new guys don't have the best track record. I hope he is an introverted but honest guy for your sake.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I could be wrong but it is possible the OP was asking how to ship them so they both don't get screwed meaning, by the shipping company? Perhaps he is worried about the price? :confused:

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
setup an escrow account. All money goes to 3rd party, both parties receive items in good condition and the money is released. Unless it is a hurry, i wouldnt ship anything this time of year. There are too many temp UPS/Fedex workers whose little perp eyes light up when they see something of value. I've had 2 packages that were clearly opened up by some savage this month already. Good luck

black07

Oct 8, 2011
Pa
I'm willing to work with which ever way you want to do this. As we talked about i didn't want to send it first but I know I don't have many post or feedback ratings but if that's how you want to do it then I can make it happen. Neither of us want to get screwed so I understand the concern.
Thanks
Adam

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
Considering both parties have posted in this thread... you now have the entire community of Duramax Diesels as your 3rd party. So its like if you guys want to screw it up, then good luck ever trading/selling here again. Do it right on both ends and everyone is happy. :thumb:

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Considering both parties have posted in this thread... you now have the entire community of Duramax Diesels as your 3rd party. So its like if you guys want to screw it up, then good luck ever trading/selling here again. Do it right on both ends and everyone is happy. :thumb:

There is a ton of truth in this statement. The only way this doesn't apply is if one of the parties plans on never coming back and even then do not under estimate the power of dd.com :thumb:

This is the only site where I have bought or sold things to people and either sent items before payment or been shipped items before payment. My time spent here is worth more than a deal gone bad.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
There is a ton of truth in this statement. The only way this doesn't apply is if one of the parties plans on never coming back and even then do not under estimate the power of dd.com :thumb:

This is the only site where I have bought or sold things to people and either sent items before payment or been shipped items before payment. My time spent here is worth more than a deal gone bad.

Well spoken! Glad to see there are some that still care much about their reputation as a person. Band of brothers here and I'm proud to be a member here.