Help with DPF Delete/ Mileage

bwheatley

Feb 8, 2010
Iowa
I just got a 2007.5 LMM and i use to have lb7 which i had it chipped with 5 inch exhaust and intake got dang good milage then i got a 2007 lbz which was stock and got so so milage then i got this LMM and the milage just plain sucks. 10-11 mpg! Its a big down fall from my lb7. Went threw alot of snow and it kept saying power reduced filter needs cleaned or what ever ha. Wanna get rid of DPF. I need better milage and lil more power without doing a trans upgrade. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

bwheatley

Feb 8, 2010
Iowa
Would a quadzilla stealth 2 and 4inch magnaflow for $615 be a good deal? how much does the efi run?

thanks

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
get with some of the vendors on here i'm sure they can set you up with something that you will love. EFI is great it's just not for everyone. also i would suggest that you do consider the TransGo Jr shift kit. it's not a bad install at all and will make the allison last 2-3x as long.

EFI is nice but it's more than the exhaust and intake you are asking about.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
the JR kit can be found for anywhere between $89-$125 depending where you get it from. if you're looking to add a bit of power you WILL want to do it as a preventative maintenance type thing. with you towing and adding power it's a wise move.

bwheatley

Feb 8, 2010
Iowa
thanks for your help.. now if i only can someone with a lmm and tell whats the best bang for a buck with exhaust and chip.

thanks

WrekNBall

Bored
May 29, 2009
Wandering from room to room..
IMHO, the Quadzilla Stealth 2 and MBRP 4" turbo back would be the best bang for your buck. Tuner and exhaust should be around $800. The Quad seems to have decent tunes and I'm really happy with mine.

The only issue I ran in to was the truck kept throwing a p2230 code. Found out through my vendor that some models of LMMs need to keep the DPF sensors plugged in to keep the ECM happy.

You will have a hiss at idle that sounds like a jet idling. Mileage has increased a little ~1 mpg and I love the turbo whistle when it's revved up :D

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i turned mine off with EFI live, then bought 5" exhaust, it was a little more $$$$ but you will have allot more room to play with anything in the future as far as adding power and tweaking all levels