HELP!! Transmission won't shift, "service brake system"

R_F_F

Mar 15, 2011
Pierceton, IN
I just picked up my new 03 CCSB in Savannah GA and trying to drive it back to Indiana. Drove great till just north of atlanta. Now it won't shift and the message center says to service brake system. Speedometer is being wacky too. I replaced the speed sensor. It was covered with shavings, pulled theTcase plug and not even a drop :(. Flushed it and filled it. Put new sensor in and still not working. Think the warn transfer case would cause this? Or is there someone in the area with the proper equipment to diagnose? GM was only doing oil changes today and couldn't look at it till monday, but I'm 11hrs from home!

Think it could be the TCM? I wish I had brought proper diagnostic equipment. Any help is much appreciated!

R_F_F

Mar 15, 2011
Pierceton, IN
Finally found a GM that was open. Their computer brought up both output speed sensor and vehicle speed sensor codes even though I had changed the vss and cleared it. Put new output speed sensor in, he cleared it and same story on test drive. Unfortunately they had to close. So I'm here with a wiring diagram. He said he thinks it's in the wiring harness. Do you guys still suspect the t case? Anyone in the Rome GA area have one for sale?

Thanks a lot. -Stephen

R_F_F

Mar 15, 2011
Pierceton, IN
Got new t case installed. All service lights are gone, drives like new again and we are safely back in Indiana. Thanks!

Tank01

Dec 31, 2010
Got new t case installed. All service lights are gone, drives like new again and we are safely back in Indiana. Thanks!

Transfer Case dry? Check the TC every oil change in the future and read all you can about GM and their pump rub issue with their transfer cases. :thumb:

R_F_F

Mar 15, 2011
Pierceton, IN
Transfer Case dry? Check the TC every oil change in the future and read all you can about GM and their pump rub issue with their transfer cases. :thumb:

There was more oil on the outside of the case and the inside! Inside was just a bunch of shavings.. Ended up getting a rebuilt case for about 950 and the guy let me put it on his lift, and helped me install it. (on a Sunday) Sound like a fair price?

I normally check all fluids every oil change, but unfortunately I had just bought the truck and it had supposedly been fully inspected by GM.