Help me troubleshoot...

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
I am at a loss.
I recently put on a 475/stock kit on my truck, stock fuel other than a lift pump, 5 inch intake etc. Pretty standard, however since I've had the turbos on the truck it drives laggy and smokey with high egts at anything less than full throttle, where it will clean up decent and run okay.
It feels like a maf or tuning issue but I'm not sure.
So far i have double checked the harness for broken wires, replaced the maf sensor, changed fuel filters, and tried quite a few tunes including one with maf completly disabled.
All with no success.
Any suggestions on where to look next?

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
It did get new tunes, there done by kory.
I bought the piping used, and pieced together the rest of it.
I haven't pressure tested it but it will make about 46 lbs wide open with the converter locked.
It runs decent when at wide open throttle but the drivablitly of it around town is terrible.
And no I had no issue with maf or poor performance beforehand.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Could be that your homemade setup is not compatible with Kory's tunes. He will probably want you to log it both at idle and WOT and he could then adjust the tune to work correctly. So, call him tomorrow and ask him for help. ;)

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
I don't see how the setup could cause the issue. Just piping, and a charger.
And multiple logs have been sent.
So I don't think it is a tuning issue, if guess im just looking for other routes to explore in search of a solution.
This has been kickin my ass for the last 2000 miles haha

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
Wide open pressures don't mean a thing. Chargers just spin harder to compensate for the leak. A pressure testing plug takes all of 20 min to make and show any leaks

Every time I have this conversation I get the same response and every time I pressurize the setup I find at least one big leak. I'm actually going through this with a guy that refuses to take my advice because he can't hear a leak.....

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
Wide open pressures don't mean a thing. Chargers just spin harder to compensate for the leak. A pressure testing plug takes all of 20 min to make and show any leaks

Every time I have this conversation I get the same response and every time I pressurize the setup I find at least one big leak. I'm actually going through this with a guy that refuses to take my advice because he can't hear a leak.....
Hmm. I guess I'll try it then, what psi should I test too?

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
Alright update time,
Pressure tested and I did find a leak the mouthpiece, the oring got pinched. So corrected that and now the truck will hold the 20 psi test all day long with no leaks.
However the problem still exists.
No boost, laggy and smokey anywhere between idle and wot, it still runs decent wide open.
Any thoughts on where to go next?

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Call mark from Danville and take to him. Even shoot him a log. I had the same problem but with a single. Needless to say mark tuned it for me.

omaha123

yeapp
May 10, 2014
Nebraska
6eab78b47024d2aeb4cd15fd41fcd43f.jpg

1.32 ar, t6, 75mm, 88mm (my memory may be wrong)
Fairly standard I think.