Help Me Choose a DPF And EGR Delete Kit For My New LMM

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So last week I went out and bought myself a '08 cc/SB LMM. I have two LB7's so I'm used to getting more or less good mileage. I easily burn a tank a day working with this truck. Granted its got the small tank and all but I want better mileage. What exhaust and EGR delete kit should I get? Could I just block it? I have the tuning taken care of with EFILive to delete the DPF. I don't mind a nice 4" down pipe back exhaust. Maybe even a nice dual kit? What are your suggestions?

Thanks

Nick

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Depends in all honesty the look you are going for. I personally have the Diamond Eye 4" DP back exhaust that I cut underneith my bed to run my stack. Most 01-10 kits work on the LMMs in case you have a hardtime finding a "dpf" deleted kit. As far as the EGR goes I have a blocker plate for sale with the gasket if you want it, or you can look into either the SDP EGR delete kits or the All Seasons EGR delete kits however when you get that you also have to get a lb7 uppipe or buy the block off for your stock uppipe. Also it is a straight pain of an install but mine is done along with a new DP and I love it :thumb:

Hope this helps somewhat!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Nick we put an mbrp exhaust on 2010 also a magnaflow down pipe,a blocker plate, trans go Jr, cold air kit, and tuning from Bob w/dsp 5 he is getting 22.5 every day on the highway.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Hood stack and longhorn fab shop tuning :woott::roflmao:

If you look for a turbo back exhaust, look for the 01-07. I think they quit marketing the turbo back on the lmm's unless I'm mistaken. Part of the epa scandal! Go ahead and do the EGR block off plate for sure and I would recommend doing the $100 TransgoJr too. Then just a good EFI tune to tie it all in. That's basically how I set my truck up after buying it new, solid and reliable setup!

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
So last week I went out and bought myself a '08 cc/SB LMM. I have two LB7's so I'm used to getting more or less good mileage. I easily burn a tank a day working with this truck. Granted its got the small tank and all but I want better mileage. What exhaust and EGR delete kit should I get? Could I just block it? I have the tuning taken care of with EFILive to delete the DPF. I don't mind a nice 4" down pipe back exhaust. Maybe even a nice dual kit? What are your suggestions?

Thanks

Nick

The Diamond Eye 4" exhaust is a nice kit. Along with a ProFab Egr delete and a Blocker Cab. Or you can take and cut and weld you riser pipe or replace it with a LB7. Or I will make you a deal on a set of Towflow up pipes or full set or Manifolds and up pipes. A PCV reroute would help also.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
The Diamond Eye 4" exhaust is a nice kit. Along with a ProFab Egr delete and a Blocker Cab. Or you can take and cut and weld you riser pipe or replace it with a LB7. Or I will make you a deal on a set of Towflow up pipes or full set or Manifolds and up pipes. A PCV reroute would help also.

If you block the EGR you have to do the PCV reroute reguardless...

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Also duramaxdiesel as I said I have the blocker plate and gasket if your interested and I also have the uppipe off of my truck if you wanted to do the EGR delete that way you could go ahead and cut and weld it shut for when you put on the EGR delete the uppipe would be bolt in and ready to go!

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
The only thing I've found that truly helps mpg is to simply slow down and drive like a granny.:roflmao:

kirkland

Apr 7, 2013
Oklahoma
Glad you posted this, cause I was about to ask the same thing... I need to delete, and tune mine this 12-14mpg sucks lol my foot would disagree tho