LMM: Help! Keep blowing intake bridge apart

jcambron

Lost
Oct 2, 2009
Deer Park, TX
I have installed a used EGR Delete Kit on my 08 LMM. Everything fits and seems tight after install. I have made sure to have it flush no gaps showing in bridge. After the the truck hits about 18 - 20 psi it blows the bridge apart. What can I do to try and fix this.... I am completely STUMPED

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
We fought that on mine too. I bought an all season y bridge and cut the mounting plate off And used a silicone boot between the egr delete tube which basically makes it the all season "super high flow kit" and have 0 issues since and picked a few ponies from the purty new y bridge:thumb:

Kutchey2

Apr 15, 2011
Hmm I had there egr delete for along time before I upgraded to the full 3" bridge. I never hadmuch trouble at all, I would just say make sure the neck (of the bridge) is pushed all the way into the bridge before you tighten down the bolts. And it helped me when I tightened the bolts on the delete pipe before I tightened the bolts to the motor. Good luck! If this doesnt help call Tony. I'm sure he will be more than helpful

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Rick D Lance makes an excellent Y bridge and egr combo! Also has a little Fin welded inside in the middle to increase flow efficiency to both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
Rick D Lance makes an excellent Y bridge and egr combo! Also has a little Fin welded inside in the middle to increase flow efficiency to both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He already said he doesn't want to buy a new bridge. I agree check your rubber o rings. Maybe even buy some new ones and if that still doesn't work give tony a call. He will help you out:thumb:

jcambron

Lost
Oct 2, 2009
Deer Park, TX
thanks for the replies. had to do some backwoods engineering but seems to be holding for now. one of the o-rings where gone completely. replaced both of them then criss crossed to large hose clamps around the bridge. when I get ready to up grade the turbo I will make a proper fix.

Question do you have to pull the turbo to remove the bridge? I see no way to access the the back two lower bolts...

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
No you don't but it is a real pain. You will need a swivel socket with extension Fiona and patience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Strap it in place with metal strap.....

I did it to mine like Rick told me to in his instructions and mine holds 50 psi with no issues............

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Mine was flexing back far enough I was worried it was leaking.. not sure that it actually was, but it was going to wreck the o-rings from the movement either way. I built this brace to hold it in tight.

If you do the math on this, there is a great deal of pressure pushing back on the bridge inlet... and the bracing is far enough away there can be flexing

Attachments

• brace2.JPG
    brace2.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 58
  • brace1.JPG
    brace1.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 56