Help!!! Did an oil change and NO CRANK

Dragbear

Dragbear
Aug 4, 2013
I pulled it into my warm garage did a normal oil change the ran it for a minute then shut it down to check fluids. got it finished went to drive it out and no crank.
Dash is all lit normal
Shift indicator is normal
can't move shifter without foot on brake
fuse box has power
no 12v on engine sensors
no power to starter solenoid with key turned to start
held TCM to engine ground and no crank
checked all connections under fuse box and going to engine.
I can jump starter with screw driver and it cranks ok but no start
I can pull the 40a starter fuse and jump 12v to it and it will crank but no start.

Can't find the neutral safety switch!! it is not on trany.

I gave up and went to bed and the next morning the first thing I did was hit the key and it fired up!!!! I ran it for a week with no issues then the wife need the truck and put it back in the warm garage after and has not started since. No CRANK again!!

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It doesn't want to be warm I guess. Sounds like maybe a passlock issue? Any codes?

Iirc your nsbu switch is internal.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Good place to start. Cheap and easy

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
If that's the only vehicle you can sometimes put the tilt steering in different positions till it finally cranks. I had to do that for about 2 weeks before mine totally quit lol

Dragbear

Dragbear
Aug 4, 2013
I plugged in my V2 to reflashed the PCM and it could only find the TCM.
I had to Manuely tell it what it was and when I told it to read the PCM it came back k with $0101 no data recived

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Sounds like a wiring problem to the ECM. Look over the harness for any pinches or rubbing. I have also had bad luck when the wire loom fills up with fluid, the computers act funky, or don't work at all.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Yea there could be a wire chaffing on the fender well, does the gear selector illuminate when it's doing this? Your engine harness connectors on top of the motor could be loose as well and not making enough contact.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yea there could be a wire chaffing on the fender well, does the gear selector illuminate when it's doing this? Your engine harness connectors on top of the motor could be loose as well and not making enough contact.

That could be it. They make a funny bend and can rub pretty good

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yeah I know. It would solve so much for so many if they posted answers.