Allison 6sp: Help !!!! Allison front seal leak

reymuerto

Jun 3, 2009
ANYONE HAVE SOME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CHANGE THE FRONT SEAL OF THE ALLISON TRANNY ? I HAVE A VERY BAD LEAKING PROBLEM AND I JUST DONT HAVE $1300 :banghead: THAT THE STEALER CHARGES TO GET IT DONE ... ANY HELP WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED....

02dirty

Jun 21, 2009
salt lake city utah
i have the same problem it could be just the 2 bolt on the front case causing the problem you can fix it by pullin the trans and converter and placing copper washers on the bolts that g around the front case ..but you could also have a cracked torque converter in that case you need to get it checked by someone that can high pressure test it .or you could buy a new converter and do the copper washers to.....

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i have the same problem it could be just the 2 bolt on the front case causing the problem you can fix it by pullin the trans and converter and placing copper washers on the bolts that g around the front case ..but you could also have a cracked torque converter in that case you need to get it checked by someone that can high pressure test it .or you could buy a new converter and do the copper washers to.....

I doubt it the converter is cracked , I dont put copper washers on any of the transmissions i work on ( minus the 2 bolts that come from the factory with them ) and have never had a leak using bolts without them , something to think about :thumb:

Last edited: