Hello Everyone!

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Been a long time forum watcher. I own a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD I bought with only eight miles on it. It was one of those good deals, and these trucks ain't exactly cheap, so it will probably be the last truck I buy for a while. To steal a line from one of my good buddies, I'll drive it 'till the wheels fall off, then I'm gonna get new wheels. She's a crew cab, long bed, srw truck. I've replaced the front and rear bumpers with an all steel version from buckstop. I hit a patch of black ice in upstate NY and the new bumpers were cheaper than the factory replacement. I've rebuild/replaced all front and rear suspension, front and rear wheel bearings, and done the pump rub fix. Ran into some heat/fuel issues in AZ, and had to rebuild the fuel filter head, ended up doing the nictane conversion. Still got an air leak somewhere, but cured it with a lift pump. I've overheated it a few times, pulling my 10K camper up steep grades too fast in too much heat. I had an improved air box and intake mouthpiece from an unpopular forum member whose name rhymes with biller-kee years ago. It worked well for a while but the mouthpiece started to collapse in the Arizona heat. Now, I have a S&B mouthpiece and a Banks intake. Also done the EGR delete and 4 inch MBRP exhaust from the downpipe back. I got an edge tuner and wow! did it wake things up. I cranked it up to 11. This was fun for a while until I got my first limp mode. Normal driving, down the highway and Bam, slow down and reset. Limped her a couple more times, once or twice while driving hard. Last one was in tow mode, pulling about 5k. Kept her in stock mode since, and towed my 10K camper from WA to TN, through Moab, up over 7K. Finally getting settled again and setting up to rebuild the tranny. Started back down the all to familiar road of, "While I'm there, I may as well make some improvements/upgrades." So sitting on my shelves is a tranny kit, a downpipe, up-pipe and manifold set, glow plugs, a 2011 hydro-boost, new power steering lines, an intercooler from banks, DHD y-bridge, 1/2 fuel line upgrade, and getting the parts to rebuild the turbo. Anyhow, glad to be part of the forum, and if I haven't lost you yet, thanks for reading. If you have any, have you thought about..., while you're there you oughta..., and/or make sure you... thoughts, I'm all ears.

ChrisPerry

Apr 4, 2016
Ventura, CA
Contact Levi @ Turbo Performance and order heat blankets for the turbo, up pipes, and down pipe. It will drop underhood temps a good amount. You can find his info in the candy store section in the main forum.

:thumb:

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Tranny kit is a Dmax stage 5 from dmaxstore, came with c1-c4 clutches and steels, transgo shift kit, ratiotek springs and modified c2 hub. Got new GM electronic parts and deep sump oil pan with filter lock and PPE C5 set. Trans cooler is stock. Torque converter will be Goerend, waiting for a break from work to start this. My builder is me. I've never done an Allison, but I have done a 700R4. I'm not expecting to be done right away with it. Planning on taking my time, keeping things clean and organized. It's a big task, but I have done everything on my truck myself so far, and I'm going to keep it that way until I hit my limits.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Do yourself a favor and ditch the edge and get EFILive. And while you're doing up pipes get an LML manifold. All pre LML manifold have a huge dent in the side. You'll need a boost and egt gauge too if you want to keep everything safe.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
With the overheating you have had , you might want to consider doing head gaskets and studs before bolting all that new fun stuff on. Just a thought . Good luck and Welcome !