LMM: Headlights won't turn off after engine bay is wet

JohnDeere

Oct 24, 2015
Hey guys got a bit of a problem. After a rain or washing my truck my headlights sometimes stay on. I've ruled out the switch and relay and any other simple problem that could be causing this. The relay is good after doing a simple swap with another known functioning circuit relay. I'm thinking its a harness issue but didn't know if anybody else had experienced the same problem. One instance when power washing around the drivers side headlight my lights came on. Normally after it stops raining or dries up after a nice drive the problem goes away. If the problem continues I pull the relay and the problem goes away after sitting for a little while. I did notice after pulling the fuse panel cover and then removing the fuse panel board one of the three main harness connections seems to be loose.

Up until tonight that was the only problem. On my drive home from work my lights would totally turn off and then after hitting a bump or slowing down they would come right back on. I'm pulling my hairs!

what you guys got?

JohnDeere

Oct 24, 2015
I've wiggled wires for over a year and can't seem to find an issue.. Thinking about sending it to a shop and letting them take care of it. I know it'll be some big bucks being a wiring issue but it I'm tired of scratching my head!