Head gaskets

Leo

Aug 29, 2006
Pell Lake, WI
Hello all, been forever since I've been here. Blew my head gasket last fall before I ever got my EFI Live installed and pretty much set my diesel aside for the winter and worked on my Camaro. A few weeks ago I went to the Tomah Supernational Truck & Tractor pulls and it gave me the itch bad again :)

Anyway, anyone have any recommendation for the best head gaskets to use? Someone on TDP said that GM's were pretty much the best but there are 3 different sets and I don't know which to pick. Or is there something better out there? Also I am planning on installing head studs (and possibly new heads) at the same time.

Any help/advice would be supremely welcome!

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
The stock head gaskets hace some holes in the section that protudes from the head. These will have holes in different locations. One tells you which side of the block it goes on and the other tells you if it's a A, B, or C thickness. You will have to take them to a dealer to tell which they are or post a pic and I can tell ya. make sure to write on them Pass or Driver side to keep them straight. It's hard to explain how to tell which is which. I don't always explain things the best either.