LLY: Head Gasket Replacement.. What else to do while its apart?

Diesel_Addiction

Dec 11, 2013
New York
Head Gasket Replacement.. What else to do while its apart?
Truck needs headgaskets. Plan on doing the following..

-ARP studs
-Grade C Gaskets
-Fel-Pro top end gasket kit
-LB7 Up pipe
-EGR Delete Pipe
-PCV Re-Route
-LML Driver side Mani
-Water Pump, tig welded impeller to shaft
-CTS Pyro Probe

Anything else to do while it is apart? Should I do glow plugs, Ice pick or harness upgrade at this time? Would rather save my money and get all the preventive stuff I can done at this time then have to dive back into it and pull it apart again...

Don't plan on going to crazy with this truck, just plan on doing EFI live in the future and tranny w/Suncoast parts.

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
When i did mine i did a full sinster egr delete head studs is a must !!!!!

04 lly duramax mickey thompson atz 305/60/18 xd stike 18'' arp studs sinster egr delete arp intake cat fuel filter adapter leveling kit cowl hood 4 in mbrp 8 in tip bd open manifold bd downpipes

dtharp

Jan 7, 2014
www.facebook.com
And i was advised to do gm gaskets

04 lly duramax mickey thompson atz 305/60/18 xd stike 18'' arp studs sinster egr delete arp intake cat fuel filter adapter leveling kit cowl hood 4 in mbrp 8 in tip bd open manifold bd downpipes

Diesel_Addiction

Dec 11, 2013
New York
Don't forget to do the turbo coolant hoses while your in there. I would also add T-stats to the list since your there.

T-Stats were replaced while diagnosising my head gasket issue so those should be good. Hoses will definetly be added to list, their cheap enough might as well replace them.

Definitely take a good look at all the rubber hoses, replace them now vs a month down the road when they spring a leak.

Good point! :thumb:

Diesel_Addiction

Dec 11, 2013
New York
trade it in for an lbz......much better truck:D....... im being serious

Haha would of liked to have a LBZ but this truck was a deal and I jumped on it...

a fuelab liftpump would be nice since it seems you will be running a pretty hot tune

Yeah, Im still up in the air about what I want to do for a fuel system... I have friends that have had bad luck with airdog, and fuellab. I think I want to try to come up with a fuel system that the truck will still be able to pull fuel through in case of lift pump failure, and in some way incorporate Cat filtration because I can get Cat filters for cost..