Help: Hankooks MT's vs. Cooper STT's

66FLH

Been to Hell and back!
Jul 23, 2008
Northern New Mexico
Discount just put some new Coopers STT's on my truck..We had balance issues with those damn Hankooks! One was out of round and made the whole truck bounce at around 50 mph.The bad one was replaced and the truck was still bouncing,so after re balancing 5 times they agreed to replace them altogether..Too bad,I really liked those tires too,they were very quiet for an aggressive tread.
The Coopers are actually quite a bit larger and are true E-rated tires which is kinda strange considering they were both 325/65-18's...The tread is very deep on the Coopers too.They are a bit louder but look tough as hell!
I'll try and get some pics up soon.Thanks Discount Tire,top notch service!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I've run Yokohama Geolander AT's, Goodyear Wrangler AT's, Toyo MT's, BFG AT's and I would run any one of these before I would buy another set of STT's. Worst wearing tire I've ever owned and the noisyest. I'm currently running studded Wrangler winter tires and come spring, I'm not sure what tire I am going to with yet.

If it were me, I woud have gone with the Yokohama MT's, Mickey Thompson MT's or the BFG MT's KM2. We wil see come spring and I hope your Cooper's last longer and better than the 2 sets I owned.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
thanks for the info!

I really the like the look of the cooper stt's. they look very similar to a toyo MT.

I wont buy hankook, i try not to support foreign goods if i can help it.

looking foward to pics!

B-Dawg2

May 4, 2008
Utah
I really like my STT's. 30,000+ miles on two Duramaxes and still in great shape! I am thinking I might go 50-60,000 on these.

Just my experience.

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
My cooper stt's didn't last me 25,000. Finally ended with a nice blowout and nearly totaled my truck few weeks ago. Gotta love their customer service too for not even replacing the tire. IMO-I LOVE mickey thompson atz's!!!!! 10 ply radial lasts forever

Last edited: