GTX4202 coolant

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'm in the process of gathering coolant lines and fitting. where are those of you that have a GTX 4202 running the coolant lines? I am running a van thermostat housing so the stock cross pipe is no longer there. Thank you in advance for all the advice.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
One of the van thermostat housings has a fitting that will accept the adapter from the truck crossover pipe. I would just get one of those and hook everything up to the factory lines.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Ok, I don't remember where any of the lines went. I removed a lot of it to run an electric water pump. I'm going back to a stock drilled pump and have to find all the adapters and fittings.. Thank you for the comment .

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I just run a hose from the Van thermostat housing to the driverside of my gtx4202 and the the passenger route it back to the pipe that was there for the stock turbo that leads done to the black pipe that connects the thermostat housing to the waterpump housing. i just use -8 an lines

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The fitting out of the coolant crossover pipe or thermostat housing goes to one side of the turbo, the other side of the turbo goes to the pipe between the water pump housing and the thermostat housing. I'm not sure if it matters what direction you flow the water through the turbo. My guess is it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Thank you for all the help, my cam just showed up the other day. I picked up Andrew Murdock's old compound plumbing set up. I hope to have it running in time for Rudy's. I'm excited to drive it once again.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thank you for all the help, my cam just showed up the other day. I picked up Andrew Murdock's old compound plumbing set up. I hope to have it running in time for Rudy's. I'm excited to drive it once again.

Please post some pics when you're done! I'm sure it's going to be bad ass

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I ended up re using a stock bi-pass pipe between the water pump and thermostat housing. the stock line going to the turbo is too small in my opinion, so we plugged that. we tapped the t stat housing and I'm going to run -8 lint to the pass side of the turbo. the other side will go to the back side of the van housing.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
After looking at it, it's the same water area that I'd be getting coolant from if I used the fitting from the bi pass. But off the bi pass the hose would be a lot smaller

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
fittings

I'm in the process of trying to find a new by-pass. We have some of the older style ones laying here. I know there LMM ones have the pipe that sticks out for the turbo is bigger. my question is do I need to have the little thermostat thing that was on it? or do I just get a fitting to go to the back of the van housing? can you post a pic of yours please??

thank you

I just run a hose from the Van thermostat housing to the driverside of my gtx4202 and the the passenger route it back to the pipe that was there for the stock turbo that leads done to the black pipe that connects the thermostat housing to the waterpump housing. i just use -8 an lines