Question: Got a problem!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I recently bought a new set of wheels and tires. The tires are Nitto Dune Grappler 37 12.50 17 desert race edition. The tires were advertised as Brand New on used wheels. Tires still had the stickers on the tread when I picked them up.

I slapped the set on my truck and drove home. My buddy came over to check them out and noticed a small plug in one of the tires in the middle of the sidewall. ??? We checked the other 3 tires and all of them have a plug right in the middle of the sidewall.

Come to find out the company/race team that sold them had to ruin the tires by putting a hole in the sidewall of each tire. The guy had the holes plugged and mounted them on a set of wheels. This info was never disclosed to me because he didnt think it was important.

Anyway now I'm stuck with a set of tires that were purposely ruined and the guy that sold them told me I'm SOL on getting my money back. I dont know what my rights or options at this point are so any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well im pretty sure nitto doesnt sell that tire to public which means the sponsored teams can not sell those tires "new" to the public. only way to do so is to do what they did to you or run a race on them, then sell them. they should have told you what they did to them but going to court would depend on how much money they screwed you out of. do you mind sharing what you paid for them?

i say, take them suckers to judge judy :D :roflmao:

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Faulty tires wow. What a ballzie move on the sellers behalf. Say those tires caused a accident and someone lost there life. Any lawyer would take the seller to town. I would go get your money back

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Who in the right mind thinks it's ok to sell tires with punctured sidewalls?!? WTF even walmart issues a new tires under their warranty if u puncture a sidewall. It's super dangerous. I hope u get ur money back and stick those tires in the sellers anus.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I got a police report last night. Turns out that selling them to me knowing that they were ruined yet advertising them as new is considered theft by fraud. So now we are having to go that route.

I contacted the seller to let him know the action that I'm taking. We'll see if he is smart enough to make it right. However, now I am without a vehicle until I can get another set of wheels and tires. FML!

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
I got a police report last night. Turns out that selling them to me knowing that they were ruined yet advertising them as new is considered theft by fraud. So now we are having to go that route.

I contacted the seller to let him know the action that I'm taking. We'll see if he is smart enough to make it right. However, now I am without a vehicle until I can get another set of wheels and tires. FML!

haha, good for you! f*ck that guy.. i hope he gives you ur money or gets what he deserves by the law, maybe you will get some justice..im sick and tired of shady people pullin shit and gettin away with it!:thumb:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Wish u were closer to me brother I have 2 extra sets of wheels and tires. They would look funny on ur truck though. Cause they b alot smaller than 37's

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I hate having to go about it like this. I've been sick to my stomach since last night and trying to figure out what to do. If I end up getting screwed on this deal I will have to go buy another set of tires and that will put me farther behind on other things I've been working on.

All in all I have learned a very valuable lesson on this deal. I'll keep you all updated on any progress or continued BS that goes down.

FrankenMax

Mar 30, 2011
Round mountain NV
Hey Boss first of all don't lose sleep over this you got this guy by the balls. second you need to look at it like this he put all three of you guys in danger.:cop: You have every right to be pissed as long as you play the book and hold him accountable for his actions every step of the way you will be in good shape. This may take some time to work out or he may just pay up ether way hang in there.