good set of batteries

Barlow

Barlow
Apr 19, 2009
Mississippi
The batteries i have now are ac delco 6 year... where can i go and see if they have a pro rate left on em... and what is a good pair of new ones for decent price?

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
You could take them to the dealer...but if they are the originals (doubt they would be) there is no warranty with them.

When mine went I bought ACDelcos from GM...but I am sort of obsessive compulsive about using GM parts.

The upgraded ACDelcos were competitive in pricing to a comparible Interstate.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Cant say I'd use ACDelco batteries again. I purchased two brand new, had them in my 03 for 16 mos and they both burst from the heat here. Called ACDelco and they said their warranty doesnt cover that and they wouldn't even prorate me for the life of the batteries :mad:

Bought some Optima redtops and they work perfect. Never had an issue and dealer said they have a "no questions asked" prorate for 5 yrs.

ibew252

Jul 2, 2009
I have had 2 AC Delco batteries that have leaked. I just replaced my RV battery with a Lifeline AGM type. So far I am extremely happy. Google "Lifeline AGM" and read away. These are an excellent choice if you are into proper power for an aftermarket stereo or any high demand application and they are made in the USA. These seem to be quality batteries and are available at "Batteries Plus". They are priced higher than anything you will find at wallyworld, but I do not shop there anyway. I am putting an aftermarket stereo in my RV and needed to replace my battery, so this is what I found to be a happy medium price wise for a comparable Kinetik. Hope this helps.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
AC delco used to be the best IMO, they lasted long .

But now my srervice manager friend at the dealer, who has Delco batteries on the shelf, told me to stay away from them.

Lots of terminals coming loose on them, quality has gone down the tubes at Delco.

I'll be buying interstate when i need some.

BTW the Red top optimas are crap now also. Seems they lose their charge sitting on the shelf so long. When they first came out they were great!

Weve went thru 3 red tops in one year. :(

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
About the only batteries I haven't heard anything bad about is Odyssey, but they're $$$. I guess some guys are having ok luck with whatever Walmart sells and the have a good warranty I have heard.

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I have had the Orbitals in my truck for a few years and they seem to have held up well to our heat. Lasted WAY longer than both sets of ACDelcos that were in it.. :)