Going to Sea World (San Diego)...

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
...this weekend (10-11 Oct).
1st time we've been there. Is there anything we need to know?
Good or bad...

Thanks

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Not really if the Believe killer wale show is still showing its kind of lame compared to the other they have done it the past. Make sure you make it to the Clyde and Seamore show there the best IMO. You can normally get a few rows down into the soak zone and not get wet. Cirque de la Mar is lame unless you like interpretive dance, but for what it cost to get in the park its neat to watch them get launched into water from the super swing. Check online for better prices you can find some better deals then just showing up.

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
Thanks, I'm taking the 8 y/o grandson and the GF so I'm sure there will times that at-least 1 of us will think something is lame that the others like...:rolleyes:
Also getting tickets from work..best deal I have found so far;).

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Get there early. Parking fills up pretty quick. Agree with the clyde and seamore stuff. IMO the best show there.... at least it was 2 yrs ago :eek:

You'll enjoy it.... Usually entertainment for all ages.

Last edited:

motohed

dirty payback
Apr 15, 2008
escondido, ca
i like to pound a couple of beers and then go play on the nets and climbing stuff, going down slides then playing in the funky mirrors

DURAMAXNV

Jul 31, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Don't leave anything of value or importance in your vehicle, i was in san diego in august and went to the zoo with a couple friends and the truck got broken into and we got 2 macbooks, a radar detector, 2 bags full of clothes and a bunch of other small shit stolen, and our truck was the 10th one that day in that parking lot that got broken into, so just a heads up so you don't have to go through what i went through, not fun.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I think they have the Budweiser Clydesdales there too they are cool to see. They have a Sky ride thats like a ski lift that goes over the park and water it was worth the $$. It might be a little much for an 8y/o if they have even a little problem with heights.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
the one in San Antonio has beer school :D
also, the Shark exhibit is a nice place to cool off for a bit.

lol. This one has a beer garden and school as well. Over priced, but then again, what theme park food isn't....:D

WanaDmaxsub

Feb 17, 2007
Thanks all! We had a great time!
Just a note...SeaWorld food is a lot better than Disneyland food. It's actually good! We did the "All you can eat with Shamu"...expensive...but you will not be looking for something to eat for the rest of the day!

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Thanks all! We had a great time!
Just a note...SeaWorld food is a lot better than Disneyland food. It's actually good! We did the "All you can eat with Shamu"...expensive...but you will not be looking for something to eat for the rest of the day!

lol... that big ass fish can pack away A LOT of little fish. They do have some good food. That bbq joint over in the water park part of sea world has some excellent ribs..... spendy, but good.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Last edited: