Question: General Grabber Extreme Traction tires

emiller3

He's Back
Feb 21, 2009
lake charles,LA.
I am running a set right now 285/75/16 . They are really heavy compared to my old cooper discover stt .only have about 6 k on them so far. Ride quality is decent for an aggressive tire.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
my plan is to buy a set of these in 315/75/16 for sled pulling . Do your 285's feel soft and are they very grabby on the street ?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If the red labels are anything like the BFG red labels, they wont last long on the street. It means they are a special compound for racing applications which is usually a pretty soft tread compound. General may not use the same coding though

towboattrash34

Sep 30, 2010
Picayune, Ms
Well on their site here is what is says about them. i don't think i want any.

Grabber SRL – Red Letter Care Instructions and other Information
What not to do with the Grabber red lettering:
  • Do not use gas, alcohol or petroleum based solvents.
  • Do not use direct high-pressure water.
  • Avoid rough brushes or any other abrasive materials.
Red Lettering does age during service and may change slightly in appearance:
  • If hit by debris or curbs, the red lettering may show areas of damage.
  • In the case of noticeable discoloration, the red lettering should be cleaned with special car cleaners designed for rubber and plastics.
  • Apply small amount of cleaner on soft towel and carefully wipe evenly over the red lettering.

Mac Daddy

Apr 25, 2008
Mont Belvieu,TX.
Well on their site here is what is says about them. i don't think i want any.

Grabber SRL – Red Letter Care Instructions and other Information
What not to do with the Grabber red lettering:
  • Do not use gas, alcohol or petroleum based solvents.
  • Do not use direct high-pressure water.
  • Avoid rough brushes or any other abrasive materials.
Red Lettering does age during service and may change slightly in appearance:
  • If hit by debris or curbs, the red lettering may show areas of damage.
  • In the case of noticeable discoloration, the red lettering should be cleaned with special car cleaners designed for rubber and plastics.
  • Apply small amount of cleaner on soft towel and carefully wipe evenly over the red lettering.

Thanks for the info towboat....was talking to a friend of mine(tire dealer) in Houston..said he thought he could get them cheaper without the red lettering...I mainly liked the tread pattern..but definitely appreciate the info about red letter care instructions

meanmachine

Blowing money to go fast
May 5, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a cousin running a set on his S10. He really likes them and they do great off road. He said too that they are really heavy. He only runs 20 psi in them and you would swear they had 35 in them. They are a little loud when coming to a stop though.

americantank

Pantie dropper
Apr 18, 2011
Freeport, FL
I know a guy that has a set of 35's on his cummins. He went to the KOH pulling about a 16000lbs enclosed gooseneck trailer with EVERYTHING in it and was driving in about 6 inches of snow on the road and said he didn't even slip. He's real impressed with them but I still prefer my Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac.

Mac Daddy

Apr 25, 2008
Mont Belvieu,TX.
35 Grabbers

I bit the bullet and bought the Grabbers...less road noise than I thought and not too bad of a ride either...haven't been off road yet but they look like they will do for what I need. Lots of compliments so far on the looks...a buddy of mine owns/runs an offroad shop in town and they were the first set he'd ever seen and really liked the looks also. Thanks to all for your input on this thread.