Help: Gauges

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
Hello again from the frozen north(Wyoming). I'm in serious need of a monitor or some gauges. The gauges are a little spendy but I still might get them. My question is I'll be ok going with an edge attitude or insight monitor right it will gauge every thing I need wont it? ,Also wich one is better or whats the difference if any? P.S. it will co exist with my PPE tuner wont it ( I'm just looking at getting the monitor not the module):confused: also, It monitors boost electronically right ? no tubing and stuff?

Last edited:

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
The insight is just for gauges and the attitude does have performance levels. The price of both of them Is more expensive than gauges if I recall. They do monitor boost pressure electronically, You will still need to add the egt prob. I have read about several egt prob failures with the edge products(heard about never experienced). I personallly like my gauges (autometer ultra lite II's. Just my 2 cents

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
at least if you install the sep gauges on the post , you can glance over and see them all with out having to look a small screen, i just like to glance over real quick and know if i'm getten into trouble.

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
I have mine mounted above my rear view mirror. I think it looks great and keeps it stealth looking, seeing a bare A-post makes you think its stock:D I did it because you look at the mirror while driving so you see the gauges everytime you look up. But it would be cool to get the edge on the dash and race people telling them you have just that while having a bad azz ppe tune in:rofl:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I prefer the standard gauges, don't trust, or care for the look of, monitors. I have the Autometer Cobalt 2000* pyrometer and 0-60psi boost gauge. They are mounted on the a-pillar, I plan on a Trippin mount when I add the fuel psi and oil temp.

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
The only reason I'm entertianing the monitor deal is ,I can get the attitude monitor for 215 bucks and the insight for 235. The gauges I need with the pod are looking like 550

Last edited:

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
You will have to buy the Insight as the Attitude only works if with a Juice module. That's a good deal for one, get it.

SonicAudio

Jan 25, 2009
Texas
I got a PPE and stacked the Edge Juice with attitude but was getting the "cummins" rattle due to the double timing issue. I called Edge and am in the process of sending mine back so that they can remove the timing from the module! They were great I get to keep my set-up with ALL the advantages of the monitor and adjust on the fly too!

brian 207

Jul 7, 2008
midwest
I recently purchased the edge insight.It seems to have more features then I will ever need. I considered using analog gauges but decided on the insight as the install was quite simple and have the ability to read codes,data recored and the list goes on. With the analog pyrometer/boost gauges the install was going to be more more complicated and I did not see tha I would benefit. I have heard Edge has had issues with the egt probes but they also carry a lifetime warranty. The analog pyrometers have signal amplifiers that have been known to fail at times. Just my own opinons. There are many options for gauges on the market and the user must decide what work best for them.

Last edited: