Gauge Install

SmokeAintBroke

<----Not my truck anymore
Dec 29, 2006
I recently bought a set of autometer gauges and im getting ready to install them and i came across a few questions. First, I got a fuel pressure gauge and I was told by someone that some company makes an adapter so you can put it on the fuel filter. This would be great, but i cannot find any such company that makes this. Just curious if anyone had seen this setup. Also if anyone has a different idea as to where to put the sensor, that would be cool too.

Second, i was also told by someone that the thermocouple that comes with the autometer pyrometer is not long enough. Im not sure if this is true or not, but i do have one from my old edge kit. Will that work?

I appreciate any help on this. Also if someone thinks of anything else useful that i may need I am all ears.

Thanks

mckey73

Ethanol suks make whiskey
Feb 14, 2007
I installed mine on the pass. side manifold, ran the cable along the top of the firewall to the outside of the steering column before going through the firewall. My guages are installed under the dash and I had to coil up about 3 ft. extra. If you are going to install in the headliner then maybe might be too short. Remember the probe calibration will change slighlty if you change the length of the cable. Probly not enough to make too much of a difference.