fuel pressure gauge?

SixSpeedKiller

Nov 16, 2008
Ive put an intake and a 4 inch turbo back exhaust on my truck and I have a ppe standard tuner that Im planning on putting on. Im going to install a boost and EGT gauge and I was wondering if I should put a fuel pressure gauge on to or if its not really needed? :feedback:

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Ive put an intake and a 4 inch turbo back exhaust on my truck and I have a ppe standard tuner that Im planning on putting on. Im going to install a boost and EGT gauge and I was wondering if I should put a fuel pressure gauge on to or if its not really needed? :feedback:

Which fuel pressure? Low side or high side?

If you get AeroForce then you can watch the boost, desired and actual rail pressure plus a bunch more from the ODBII port. There are also 2 analog inputs per gauge that allow you to add additional transmitters. You can get their EGT kit and a transmitter for the low pressure side of the fuel system. The kit is expensive, but lots of gauges end up costing the same amount of $$ as the AeroForce. The nice thing about their stuff is if you set up the wiring correctly and run EFI live, you can also log the analog gauge inputs.

You can't do that with the PPE standard, but PPE makes some really good stuff.

FWIW, I have been using the PPE lift pump with a McRat tune for my HTT and I have never dropped below 8 psi on the low pressure side of the fuel system, and that is with an II mod CP3. Unless I do something else with the fueling I am thinking about just taking that transmitter out.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you don't have a lift pump, a low pressure gauge will not show anything.