LMM: Fuel line pinch

dmaxmathis

Oct 17, 2010
North Wilkesboro, NC
Truck started acting up when miss under a load and if I cut the truck off it won't crank without priming. Then if I prime it an don't crank it in about 10 min it will lose prime. I went to inspecting all lines an found one to the right of the motor running to filter. It isn't as you would say kinked but it does look to be in a bind its probably a 45 degree turn an can squeeze the line together with ur fingers. Could this be causing the problem?

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
I doubt that would cause your problem-- you most likely have bad seals in the filter head. The heat in that side is very high and drys out the seals, then that allows air into the system. Several Supporting vendors on this, and other sites have a seal kit to rebuild the filter head. Cost about $25. Merchant, Alligator and etc. GM does NOT service parts to rebuild the filter head- they only sell a new head for $$$!

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
Some have had problems with the lines you pointed out-- it restricts fuel when pulling grades, and WOT. Will not affect the starting.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Just get a inline fuel pump. Those lines will always collapse like that over time from vaccum. Save you from having to prime by hand too. I'd look at the filter head aswell.

dmaxmathis

Oct 17, 2010
North Wilkesboro, NC
Well Chevy put in 3 ft of new line for the low price of 200. But didn't fix it. I did order a filter head rebuild kit and when I took it apart the o ring that's supposed to eat around check valve was down on the spring so replaced all of it and now she purrs like a kitten. Thanks for the help guys