LB7: Fuel issues WOT

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
Okay so I've recently been having a problem with my lb7 at WOT. Now I can get on it merging on the highway full throttle and it will pull real hard and other times I will get on it and the truck will rev up and go nowhere. Now I mean it is a major difference in power. Recently got an edge scanner and watched fuel rail pressure actual and desired. First pull was good fuel rail pressure was spot on. Another full throttle pull about 15 minutes later and actual fuel rail pressure was off from desired almost 5kpsi and the truck pulled horribly. Not even 5 minutes after I did another pull and pressure was fine. I have a northeast emissions that I did an egr delet but never got the code shutoff. When the egr code came on after the egr delet my MAF code also popped up. I also checked my injector balance rates and all look good except #8 which shows +3.4 in neutral and +5.8 in gear.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What kind of tune? How's the transmission

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
Trans seems okay. It has always shifted smooth and quite. I am running a super chips 90hp tune. Truck idles smelling a little rich but idles fine, cruises fine and starts fine.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You deleted the EGR without a tune to shut system/CEL off? I think that may be your issue.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Get rid of the superchip and get a real tune. At least a predator if you don't plan on building more and won't utilize efi.

Rich smell on lb7 is more than likely injectors starting to go out.

Try a stock tune first.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk