Help: Front left wheel has really bad camber!

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Ok so the last few days I have been hearing a grinding noise from the front that is rotational. When I make a turn I hear clanking and it feels horrible. Even just driving straight it has that grinding scraping noise. My front driver side wheel is leaning inward pretty bad as the rest of the wheels are pretty straight. Abs light has been on since I bought the truck a month ago. Wheel bearing completely gone? The noise and feeling in the truck has just came about for a week or so and is getting progressively worst. Need some input. Axles look fine. Tierod ends and balljoints all seem to look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dude that's your wheel bearing!! Mine did that before and it finally let go! Started eating away at my knuckle. Don't drive it anymore until you repair it.

Nick

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. Lift the truck up on a jack and and grab the wheel and 12 oclock and 6i oclock and see if u have and movement. If u do its wheel bearing.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Yeah definatly can not drive it! Will be buying the assembly tomorow :-/

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Did my pass side on Sunday, takes a little wiggling and tapping to get them off.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
c6e4c994-0a36-dc86.jpg

That would be a completely hammered wheel bearing lol

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Trucks got 90k on it. When I bought the truck 2 months ago it had the abs light on. Never made no noises up until 2 weeks ago and it got bad real quick. Went to change it and half the nuts were finger tight.... Like I could loosen half the ones on the spindle with my fingers... Whoever replaced it before or whatever didn't do a very good job. Assuming when I lowered the front of the truck the bad camber made it worst. But it's all good now. Never did a hub assembly on a truck before but only took a hour. Probably because everything was loose lmao.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah it's a pretty straight forward job. I suck at mechanics but to change out a wheel bearing and CV axles I'm quite good at it. That's what happens when you run 37's lol!

Nick

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah it's a pretty straight forward job. I suck at mechanics but to change out a wheel bearing and CV axles I'm quite good at it. That's what happens when you run 37's lol!

Nick

:confused: it does? lol i had one wheel bearing go at 90k, other one went at 160k. Still on the factory CVs from 01 though :hug:. 37s ran since it had 80k on the clock.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok maybe it's not the norm lol! But before my motor build I admit that I beat the living piss out of my truck. To be fair I only changed 2 wheel bearings and 2 CV's in total.

Nick

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok maybe it's not the norm lol! But before my motor build I admit that I beat the living piss out of my truck. To be fair I only changed 2 wheel bearings and 2 CV's in total.

Nick

lol i hear ya. my truck got beat on pretty bad for a few years. i broke more suspension/steering parts than i ever did in the drivetrain.