LMM: Front diff went Boom

07Duramaxx

Jan 22, 2015
Berlin, CT
So, i believe I have blown my Front Differential up. :confused: After a two hour trip of grinding sounding like it was coming from a wheel bearing (Started on my return to FT Bragg, so i drove it through and sucked it up) When i returned i parked it for the night and the next morning, i got a jack under it and to my surprise my wheel bearing was not at all bad. Next i went ahead and checked the CV axel but it's brand new. I unbolted the CV axel from the Front drive axel on the front diff and sure enough, i was spinning the axel with some serious grinding coming from it. I found a used front diff about an hour from me for $75 out of a burned truck. Dude called me on a Craigslist Add i put up and said he bought the truck for the motor/trans and the diff has been sitting. Does anybody have any tips or tricks for doing this swap? 07.5 LMM, 6 inch Fabtech lift.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Nice thing about lifted trucks is that changing the diff is much easier than stock trucks! It's pretty straight forward. You'll have to cut the mount off the used diff going into your truck if your factory one is cut.