Frame Touch Up?

LBZ ALL BLACK

Aug 29, 2011
Western Washington
I am pretty sure I saw something here about frame touch up, but I can't seem to find it. I have multiple rusty spots and some sort of corrosion at the leading edge of the frame and suspension components. I would like to find something I can do small areas at a time. Thanks!

LBZ ALL BLACK

Aug 29, 2011
Western Washington
OK I thought maybe I could repair, rather than replace, the factory stuff. But maybe that's not such a good idea since it already deteriorating! Any suggestions as to how get the factory stuff off? Thanks!

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
OK I thought maybe I could repair, rather than replace, the factory stuff. But maybe that's not such a good idea since it already deteriorating! Any suggestions as to how get the factory stuff off? Thanks!

Dry ice and or liquid nitrogen if you can get your hands on it.

if you freeze it you can flake it right off.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

I think diesel fuel will soften it enough to scrape off.

I just use satin-black Rustoleum every spring after I scrape off the rust accumulated from the previous winter. Seems to hold up the rest of the year.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
There is an undercoat from 3M that works really really well on frame rails, I get it from Napa. Think the part # is 08882

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Brake clean will soften up the frame junk enough that you might be able to scrape it off. Found this out numerous times changing oil on the GM trucks. Undercoat would be a good thing to put on there after it's clean. Maybe put some POR15 on to get rid of the rust, then undercoat. Just some thoughts.