For all you crew long guys...

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I’m used to driving trucks and maneuvering in tight spaces. But the longest truck I’ve gotten used to driving is an ECSB. For all you guys out there with a crew long, how bad is it? Things like parking lots and drive thru and such? Any opinions would be appreciated.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Lol I drove my friends ECSB and that thing was so easy to park. I’m used to my CCSB and parking isn’t a problem even in my dads CCLB but if you have to parallel park forget it, just make sure it has parking sensors if you do.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
No parallel for me. But the color combo I’m wanting is a damn unicorn. Found one ccsb 17 hours away :( but it’s the exact truck...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You learn to back into parking spaces very quickly or pull through so the front end is outside the parking space. i only pull into a space if its out in the back empty parking lot or i know i have enough room to get the truck out even if someone parks next to me.

a backup camera is worth its weight in gold

i lived on campus at NAU in flagstaff which is a small town and parking comes at a premium on campus. i made the truck work parking there for 4 years. you get use to it.

No fun in parking lots.

watching you and the guys guide my truck in your shop is a little funny :roflmao: :hug:. Just like austin powers every time

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Lol I drove my friends ECSB and that thing was so easy to park. I’m used to my CCSB and parking isn’t a problem even in my dads CCLB but if you have to parallel park forget it, just make sure it has parking sensors if you do.

you just learn real quick how big the spot has to be to fit these big bitches :D

clark05a

sparky
Jan 31, 2014
franklin ohio
Unless you need a cclb I wouldn’t buy one but I’ve had mine for 5 years and love it, only reason I bought it is cause it was cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I will never buy another short bed. You MUST back into nearly all spaces,driveways, ect. It's not as bad as it seems. I haven't been in a spot I thought a short bed would have made the difference and moved on.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
I love my CCLB and ECLB. Just get used to parking out in the middle of nowhere away from any cars in parking lots. Parking structures suck. You just have to pick your spots. If you have to park in a crowded lot pick a spot you can back straight into.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
You guys are awesome. I don’t think there’s a HUGE difference in wheelbase is there? The overall truck shouldn’t be but like 3 feet longer right?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Try a pair of these. Amazon has them on sale.:happy2:

Attachments

• curb feelers.jpg
    curb feelers.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 108

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You guys are awesome. I don’t think there’s a HUGE difference in wheelbase is there? The overall truck shouldn’t be but like 3 feet longer right?

i dont know what it is but i swear if FEELS like a big difference from my long bed to any of the short beds ive driven and parked (thats what she said). then again, when i drive the tracker, i feel like its a damn match box car :roflmao:

Was in San Francisco last night (not at castro) couldn’t park anywhere :spit:

that sounds about right :roflmao:

We didn't put any dents in it; did we you twit? :thumb::roflmao::hug::D

:spit::spit: not yet!!! :baby: :D

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I try to always pull through or back into a spot.

Parallel parking is a bitch but I’ve made it work. I’ve had mine for almost 10 years now.

In a tight parking lot you will always find me in the back. Lol

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Zach for anything besides work avoid the Long bed...
it’s a No brainer driving my ccsb but I’m also used to driving this combo everyday and parking in tight jobs sites
I amaze everyone when I go through the Chick-fil-A drive through lol
4ce1b5e71e471117552059d0275c9d4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I had a 01 cclb and now my 09 ccsb. To be honest I dont think it's that big of a difference. I wouldn't turn down a long bed to get a short bed.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Hambone I’m gonna have to defy you... I’m gonna get me a crew long. They’re just plain purdy. And the extra bed space will be useful for trips and camping. I can manage I think. I always park a ways away anyways. And pull through when I can. I’m used to being aware from my wide wheels.

Mike. What even are those :roflmao: by the way I’m honored to have you post on my thread. I hope one day I can meet you guys...