Food Smoker

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Bought a smoker lastnight and going to smoke some pork tomorrow. Then a turkey on Thursday. Anyone else smoke meat? Good recipes for pork, beef, turkey, ribs?

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Yea man, my buddy and I smoke meat all the time over at his house. Where I cut the bed of that ford in half lol. Pork is really good with the useual garlic, salt, pepper, and some cajun seasoning, then slice some granny smith apples really thin lay'em on top then wrap the whole thing in bacon. Any poultry is good injected with that cajun butter stuff, and venison with everglades seasoning. Of course you cant go wrong if all of its wrapped in bacon. I get all of my seasonings/rubs from the sauce shop off princess anne. Wish I could come eat some meat but I wont be back until may/junish. Later

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Few years ago my dad was big time into using his smoker for all the food we ate. Biggest thing I learned for cooking was it seemed the longer you could leave it smoking for the better the taste!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
dyguremy.jpg

This is the best pork marinade I have tried so far. Just takes a little bit of the bold n spicy a1 because it will be overpowering if to much is used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
A good rub. Try to let the rub get on it for 24-48 hours. Fruit wood is very good in my opinion. I use cherry wood alot for beef and pork. Apple is great for poultry and pork. Low and slow on the heat. I cook often so I have learned the hard way on stuff. Put a few sticks of butter inside the turkey and baste it often. Now im hungry.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Also you can cheat, smoke your pork then put all the meat in a foil pan, add a little butter and beer, cover it with foil and let it cook for an hour or so, ribs will fall off the bone. Also brisket takes a while, I do brisket for about 4 hours on smoke and 6-8 wrapped up, and the best is when u do pork and beef together, put them in the same pan and let all the pork fat drip on the brisket. Dont pour out the drippings, thats better than bbq sauce. Fyi I use adkins western bbq rub, I get it at the grocery store. Or make your own.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Sorry for another post burn some wood and some salt pork in your smoker for a day before you start cooking in it. Seasons it a little.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Thanks for the info guys! Going to try a hickory plank in beer to season the smoker (had the plank sitting around for a while and thought I'd use it to season).I want to track down some whiskey or whine barrel wood to smoke with