First diesel guy

Socal_Dirtymax

02 2500 HD CC/SB
Sep 9, 2015
Riverside CA.
Ok so I have been reading DD forum for a long time and it convinced me to by my first diesel 02 lb7 fed cc/sb now reading the forum for so long I learned "built before you tune" so I did so the truck had new batteries and injectors when I got it at 131,000 miles and bone stock, by the time I hit 140,000 miles I had PPE headers up pipes and down pipe,PPE boost valve,PPE stage 4 trans,MBRP 4 inch downpipe back exhaust,fass 150 GPH lift pump,pro fab intake horn,CTS insight monitor,cal tracks,pillar gauges,and EFI live 5 level tuner pushin 560 HP to the wheels,cognito 6" lift with 35's stock turbo stock injectors... My question is what should I expect to fail or beak and how do I know before it happens?it's my daily and sometimes my go fast driver figured ya'll could give me advice, thank you:woott::thumb:

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
4x4? Pump rub in the Tcase should be addressed. Just keep an eye on front hubs, ball joints and U joints. Typical things like that.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
You are probably closer to 520hp with your mods and you should be ok. I was at about 575-600 at the wheels and mine had some short rods after a few years of beating

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Luck of the draw. Don't expect the same results, you may be unpleasantly surprised

But they're relatively reliable stock with max effort tunes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Socal_Dirtymax

02 2500 HD CC/SB
Sep 9, 2015
Riverside CA.
Yeah that's my my dad said hes had Chevy diesels anything from a Kodiak to a 2500 HD he says if you take care them they will take care of you he didn't do it to the extreme that I did but I read a lot of forums and figured out what was breaking after they tuned :D:rofl:it so I did everything first and then I tuned it… Thank you Tony :D:thumb:

Socal_Dirtymax

02 2500 HD CC/SB
Sep 9, 2015
Riverside CA.
Let me ask you guys something it says what you've done to your truck what kind of truck it is and everything you've done to it under whatever you post how do I do that

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Welcome! I don't live too far from you. My truck lasted me 3 years with 550 to the wheels on a stock motor. Rebuilding the motor this weekend.

Have you heard of SoCal Diesel Trucks? We have a meet next Friday. We would love you to come out and say hi!:hug:

AzDumax

Sep 12, 2015
Welcome,keep an eye on the front hubs,with big tires/wheels they go bad fast unless you get better ones.I have a 06 140K daily driver and 4WD I barely started with Cat fuel filter adapter,Banks air intake,Banks monster Muffler,Banks Intercooler and my first tuner ever Hypertech set at stage 3 nothing big but planning to make it a 600hp takes time and money but not impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzDumax

Sep 12, 2015
Anyone know of a good shop for Duramax in the Phoenix Az area? Any info will be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk