Fingers Oval Bowl piston sound clips??

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
Im ln the process of building a short block for my truck and have quite a few items already but the one thing im torn on right now is pistons. Does anyone have any videos of the oval bowls in action. Preferably in a fixed vane turbo setup since thats what im running. Im curious to see what they sound like.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Awesome is what they sound like.. Mikediesel should have some videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yes definately change the sound..

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Yes, but the pistons have a different sound to them. Every truck that runs them has a different exhaust note than regular pistons.

It seems like most guys do a lot more at once. I think cam, manifolds, turbos and exhaust style are what really change the sound

The Kansan

Aug 30, 2013
Topeka, KS
https://instagram.com/p/uSYRyTI32c/

S475 clipped turbo, 45% tips then and tuning issues.. But left the line at 5000+

Mark has some videos on YouTube with white lighting when he first got them In it.

Looked like it was trying to pull the left front tire... Sounds good too. Everyone ive ever talked to about these pistons have said the sound changes quite a bit even without a cam , manifolds or other changes. Lots of people already have a turbo and maniflods/headers before a motor build.

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Looked like it was trying to pull the left front tire... Sounds good too. Everyone ive ever talked to about these pistons have said the sound changes quite a bit even without a cam , manifolds or other changes. Lots of people already have a turbo and maniflods/headers before a motor build.

It was pulling the tire.. Front diff didn't engage so only the rear was pulling in that vid lol.. That was before he got the suspension lined out

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
It seems like most guys do a lot more at once. I think cam, manifolds, turbos and exhaust style are what really change the sound

You're right. The only thing that changed on mine was the cam and pistons. Let's say it was the cam change that did it. Anyone want to start a 3388AF cam sound clip thread.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
There is a difference back to back. I don't know why and have never really put my finger on the difference. Always thought of it being like the difference between a Ford, Hemi and Chevy V8 note.