Finally running!

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
After 5 months of the truck sitting with new gaskets and studs I decided to put her back together spent a couple hours each nigbt for a couple weeks and took my time she fired up after a few cranks. Went up the road after she warmed up and got into the throttle and heard a pop . Jumped out and had fuel leaking around number 2 injector. Pulled the injector out and the o ring was tore a little so I thought maybe the injector wasnt seated even though I had brand new washers. So I put a new washer on torqued it down and still leaking so I bought a new bolt from the dealer thinking it was stretched put it in and still leaking. Pulled it again and noticed the flange part of the injector that sits on the lip in the bore was rolled a little so thinking that it probably happened from prying on a couple that were stuck bad so I filed it down flat put it in amd still leaking well when I torqued it down this time my buddy snapped the bolt off so now im lime wtf!!. So this morning we pulled all injectors out on drivers side pulled valve cover off in 2 hours and luckly there was enough bolt sticking out of the head and THANK GOD!! the piece that was sti in the head came out by hand!!.. put it all back together and still leaking . Pulled injector out one more time and noticed the ball was missing from the injector body. I looked at my pic that I took of the injector when I heard the pop originally and I can see in the pic that the ball was missing then . Had another injector from my spare motor put it in and now shes good to go knock on wood... lets just say im really happy . Truck is running great !.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Lol, I just finished my 5 month head gasket job as well... I wrench for a living so I don't always feel like f-ing with my own stuff:D. Snowed last night so I parked the rez rocket and fired up the Blue bomb, nice driving it again:thumb: