finally got my wish (Pic inside)

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
I spent all day at Danville performance tuning my new transmission and after getting all the trans stuff dialed in we dyno'ed the truck again. On the small race tune it made 960hp and on the big race tune it made 1105hp. I went to the track after and ran it on the 960 tune. I was only able to make 2 runs because they were so busy. My first run I ran a 9.62 @ 146 and was able to get this picture. I never thought it could be done but I was able to pull the front wheels off the ground. This has been a goal of mine since I started this project 3 years ago. On my 2nd run I blew a intercooler boot. We did not get any good video of the truck that I know of but I will post what we have.

I'm going to the track this Saturday so I will make sure I get some better video. Its only supposed to be 47deg so I'm not sure I will be able to hook as good but lets hope.

I need to give a big thanks to my sponsors for helping me out on a long year with nothing but transmission problems. Lets hope we have them all taken care of.
Thanks to
Danville Performance
Deutsch's Truck Repair

I can't leave out MikeL for all the help and parts for the Allison. I'm not running the Allison anymore but this guy went above and beyond to help me out. He knows his stuff and is a good guy. I think some of the problems I was having with the Allison had to do with it being a trans out of a bus and me running the push button shifter with the bus TCM.

Last edited:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Thanks Brett for letting me be part of it and I am in the same boat as you! I hope one day I have something to go that fast! Picking the frontend up like that is no small feat as most of the weight is up front with that heavy motor and twins. Can't wait for my railcar...:hug: