LBZ: Fender Flares Removed?

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
My 06 GMC has some paint coming off in a few places near every fender flare and i am thinking maybe i should just take them off. I am going to do some kind of bedliner on my rocker panels (Monstaliner or Raptor) and thought i could take the flares off and get the paint touched up before i do that. Can the flares be removed without too much trouble? Has anyone else pulled the flares off their truck? If so, could you post a pic or two?

P.S - I'd really like to see white GMC CCSB trucks if possible. Not to be fussy. :D

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'd get a 3m eraser wheel for the glue residue if there is any. Worked great when I removed the door moldings, I'd say its the same gluey tape holding them on.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
My 06 GMC has some paint coming off in a few places near every fender flare and i am thinking maybe i should just take them off. I am going to do some kind of bedliner on my rocker panels (Monstaliner or Raptor) and thought i could take the flares off and get the paint touched up before i do that. Can the flares be removed without too much trouble? Has anyone else pulled the flares off their truck? If so, could you post a pic or two?

P.S - I'd really like to see white GMC CCSB trucks if possible. Not to be fussy. :D

willing to bet they are packed full of mud when ya remove them:D

I have them removed off my 07 and abby, lik e the look.
I pulled them off my 05 and installed the bushwacker pocetflares ( waste of time , imo) and never had any glue from any of the trucks?

id suggest using the 3m foam spray before u re-install to keep all the shit out.

abby was packed full of shit that was there for years!

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I took them off on my white 03 GMC and like the look. I didn't use a 3M wheel I just use a heat gun and a plastic putty tool(the smooth soft plastic one used for decals) with great luck. Those wheels worry me but then again I might be anal when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Don't the flares come off by pulling them push clips out? My trucks getting painted in a couple weeks and need to take them off aswell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Don't the flares come off by pulling them push clips out? My trucks getting painted in a couple weeks and need to take them off aswell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that is correct. You will also have to seperate the little strip of 3M double sided tape they use at the factory. It will come off just have to pull.

plazmamunky

Just A Few Months AWAY
Mar 31, 2013
Wichita, KS McConnell AFB
Flat head screw driver will get the clips holding the flares on out pretty easily. I pulled mine off a month ago and loved the look but not the amount of scratchesd and scuffs that were left behind because of the vibrations that occured with driving and what not. If your not 100% sold on taking them off just have them paint matched and you will get a clean look.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010

ask and your shall recieve

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAutoguide1364823794_134037.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAutoguide1364823794_134037.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 144

dieseldave01

supertrucker
Jun 3, 2008
Oxford OH
i removed my textured flares on my 02 last year so they had been on for 10 years and it wasnt a big deal, used a eraser wheel to get adhesive off, also if anyone here is removing their white flares and have paint code 8624 im looking to purchase, thanks

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Anyone that has removed their flares or is considering removing them...I am looking to buy a set of smooth flares that can be painted. If they are smooth and painted white already that would even be better. I would probably even consider the textured. Let me know.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I just pulled mine off last weekend with plans of painting them but i may just leave them off. I havent decided which look i like better.