Falken S/TZ01 VS. Proxes S/T

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I need a few Quick opinions...i have heard bad things from a few people about horrible wet traction with the proxes....and have heard nothing but great things about the falkens....so which one should i get?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I need a few Quick opinions...i have heard bad things from a few people about horrible wet traction with the proxes....and have heard nothing but great things about the falkens....so which one should i get?

Toyo Proxes hands down, they are phenomenal for drag racing. I took my Proxes to Tahoe which was covered in snow and in 4x4 they handled great.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
thanks Paint, i will have these on daily driving sometimes too though and i want as good wet traction too as i can get while still having a nice racing tire...they will kinda have to pull double duty sometimes at the track being swapped from the 01 to Ironhyde and holding up 7800 lbs

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yep proxes st. I've had falken stz-04s and stz-01s. For drag racing the proxes are a much better choice like everyone else has already said

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
so i raced saturday on the silent armors because my tires didn't show up on time...while i was at the track i got a text saying the tires had arrived at my house..so i get home that night and look at them and they are the S/TII, not the S/T's that i had ordered, the pattern doesn't look too bad in person, they look really effective in the rain, so should i send them back or just keep them and get a slight refund? anyone run these before or do you guys not like them because they don't look cool?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
so i raced saturday on the silent armors because my tires didn't show up on time...while i was at the track i got a text saying the tires had arrived at my house..so i get home that night and look at them and they are the S/TII, not the S/T's that i had ordered, the pattern doesn't look too bad in person, they look really effective in the rain, so should i send them back or just keep them and get a slight refund? anyone run these before or do you guys not like them because they don't look cool?

The ST/II's are suppose to have much better side wear that is why the ST's were discontinued. I'd say keep them and report to us how they work. Cause in probably 10,000 more miles im gonna need another set so a review would be great.