Extendable Mirrors, Not Extending

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
I searched and couldn't find anything. My accordion style mirrors do not extend. I can pull them while pushing the button and they extend and then I can retract them automatically.

I can hear the motor running but no extendy. They heat and adjust as well as the indicators all work fine.

Thanks

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
Yeah farm from what I have read it seems the 3" is the only way to go for stock. I have read all the reasons why anything bigger than 3 won't be beneficial (other than fit) on a stocker but I still have questions.

I just need to understand if ther is no point in going bigger than a 3" downpipe as the outlet is only 3 and any bigger won't allow anymore flow (this is the argument I have read). Then why bother going any bigger on the exhaust.

My though is that bigger allows for more volume of exhaust to escape where smaller has higher pressure creating more backpressure. My question would be, why not just go 4 right away and get that volume moving even if it is bigger than the outlet. Just like going from a 3" downpipe to a 5" exhaust it will open up room for more volume of exhaust.

This certainly digressed from the op, but valuable for me to learn anyway.

Oh yeah, if you 4"down were to fit a stock, I would be interested

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
id try greasing the mirrors
I fit a 4" down pipe in my lb7, had to smack it to clear the up pipe and also down at the bottom of the firewall

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
id try greasing the mirrors
I fit a 4" down pipe in my lb7, had to smack it to clear the up pipe and also down at the bottom of the firewall

So you got the 4 in there with no metal work other than a 3 pound sledge?:D

I will give the mirrors a little squirt and see what happens

POWDR

Lame
Jan 24, 2013
Timberlakes
^^^^^thanks thebac that was perfect. I might not even have to fix them as a guy on here wants them. If he doesn't want to pay extra for working mirrors then I get out of a little drinking....I mean work, I will still be drinking.:thumb: