Evan@Limitless and MikeL's springs

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
On Jan 1st 10:35 am. I PM MikeL about his HC springs, if they would help my trans and if so would this Evan guy be ok to do the job.

Jan 1st 10:40 am. Mike PM's me that the HC springs would help and Evan is the guy for the job.

Jan 1st 10:58 am. I PM Evan to ask when he could install the HC springs. He says Jan is busy but he would make time soon. I told him I will be leaving to go out of state in a week. He said if I could make it on Sun the 4th he would come in and install them.
So on Sun the 4th I drove up to Evan's shop and he installed Mike's HC springs.

I believe Evan coming in on a Sun just for a HC spring install to help me out speaks volumes about his character and work ethic. Not to mention anyone that Mike vouches for is ok in my book.

Now onto the HC springs. When I spoke to MikeL about the springs I said "I cant see how my trans could shift any better" He said "it can and it will".

It is hard to describe how one trans shifts from another but here goes.

The shifts seem to take less time, feels like less or no hesitation during the shift.
Definitely more positive/direct shifts.
I have my TCM shift schedule adjusted so very little throttle input will drop gears from 6th to 5th at hwy speeds. Before I could tell when the down/up shifts occurred, I could feel them. Now they are completely seamless, I needed to look at the tach to be certain they were happening.
Smooth, seamless, positive, direct shifts.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
I need to get some coming before the price change. Glad to hear your positive words for Mike and Evan!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
On Jan 1st 10:35 am. I PM MikeL about his HC springs, if they would help my trans and if so would this Evan guy be ok to do the job.

Jan 1st 10:40 am. Mike PM's me that the HC springs would help and Evan is the guy for the job.

Jan 1st 10:58 am. I PM Evan to ask when he could install the HC springs. He says Jan is busy but he would make time soon. I told him I will be leaving to go out of state in a week. He said if I could make it on Sun the 4th he would come in and install them.
So on Sun the 4th I drove up to Evan's shop and he installed Mike's HC springs.

I believe Evan coming in on a Sun just for a HC spring install to help me out speaks volumes about his character and work ethic. Not to mention anyone that Mike vouches for is ok in my book.

Now onto the HC springs. When I spoke to MikeL about the springs I said "I cant see how my trans could shift any better" He said "it can and it will".

It is hard to describe how one trans shifts from another but here goes.

The shifts seem to take less time, feels like less or no hesitation during the shift.
Definitely more positive/direct shifts.
I have my TCM shift schedule adjusted so very little throttle input will drop gears from 6th to 5th at hwy speeds. Before I could tell when the down/up shifts occurred, I could feel them. Now they are completely seamless, I needed to look at the tach to be certain they were happening.
Smooth, seamless, positive, direct shifts.

I'm glad your happy Brian. It was great meeting you. I liked the name you had for the springs while you were here :rofl:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Evan, you sure are getting a lot of good press lately. Congrats! Thats the way to run a successful business -- customer satisfaction. :)

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I am just curious, do you guys do a relearn on the trans after the spring install?
I would think it would be required but if you don't the effect may be more noticeable.
They are getting great reviews, as well as Limitless! (Now open Sundays!! LOL)

Great Job Evan

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I am just curious, do you guys do a relearn on the trans after the spring install?
I would think it would be required but if you don't the effect may be more noticeable.
They are getting great reviews, as well as Limitless! (Now open Sundays!! LOL)

Great Job Evan

Thanks! No need for a relearn.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Thanks! No need for a relearn.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you do a relearn, or over time as the allison learns the new shift timing does it mitigate the effect.

I am sure they are a great upgrade and I am only asking questions because as you know I have yet to have the privilege of personal experience.

I have shimmed the accumulator springs and the truck seemed to shift crisper but it went away. Or I got used to it. Sometimes you just cant tell.

Maybe the OP can add some info here as well because it sounds like he has some miles on them too.