Erratic shifting

Trgglynn

Jan 5, 2024
Portland, OR
My truck is outputting some erratic shifting. Filters are good, at one point I had a P0700 and the code read for the pressure switch. Cleared the code and it hasn’t returned. A while ago I had a cooler line fail and it dumped the fluid twice. Sometimes it shifts fine, usually when starting and driving cold, when it warms up it will shift 1-2 hard, and 4-5 hard. It’s not consistent though. It seems to respond hard, when it does, anything over 1/4-1/2 throttle. Any ideas on this?

Only codes the truck has is a P2228 (if I remember right) for Baro high.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Should be more codes in the TCM. P0700 is the code that says turn on the check engine light and look into the TCM codes to find out why. So your reader may not be capable of reading the TCM codes

Reactions: Bdsankey

Trgglynn

Jan 5, 2024
Portland, OR
As far I remember that’s the only code that came up, which was for the pressure switch. I don’t remember the TCM code, but that was the only code. My father in law cleared it and it never came back, but my shifting is harsh, and in OD if I’m going 80+, I have plenty of passing power. At 60 it always wants to downshift to third gear when over 1/2 throttle. Would you happen to know anything about the pressure switch and if it could be causing my issue? I have a Flash Scan if that’s helpful for more information