LMM: Engine is toast

VeeAte

going for 10s
Dec 7, 2010
ocean springs, ms
Ran a couple 7.40s @95mph today when it let go:eek: I noticed it started to run a little rough through then run then boom, a bunch of white smoke and sure enough running rough. And puked a bunch of oil out the passenger side pcv.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Cant say you didnt see it coming with how hard you pushed it. Hope you didnt hurt the block, crank and heads. Good luck with the rebuild.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Don't take this the wrong way either but weren't you messing with the tuning yourself? What kind of egt's were you seeing. Do you know what your drive pressure was?

VeeAte

going for 10s
Dec 7, 2010
ocean springs, ms
Don't take this the wrong way either but weren't you messing with the tuning yourself? What kind of egt's were you seeing. Do you know what your drive pressure was?

Dp was 1:1, dont know about egts cause it was only 1/8th mile but I imagine around 1400.

Me playing with the tuning or paying someone to do it the end result would be the same. 700+ hp is hard on stock parts. You WILL pop your engine sooner than later. The drag radials did awesome, I did cut a 1.59 60' but I lifted before I crossed the finish line on accident lol, ran a 7.40at 83mph.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah that sucks man. Been there. Done that. But the rebuild is always fun. Only downside is how much this shit costs lol! You could always put a stock motor in while you build your block up. Like Tom said, hope it's still salvageable. Good luck!

Nick

VeeAte

going for 10s
Dec 7, 2010
ocean springs, ms
Yea i knew it was coming, but it happened alot faster than i thought:angel: Unfortunately, i have to draw a line somewhere or this will never stop, so for me it stops here. Engine is going back to 100% stock and may even sell the truck as im wantin to pay my land off then build a house.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Thats sucks man. I hear ya on wanting more then just a truck. Im in the middle of buyin a new house.and tryin to figure a motor build out also. Not goin to be easy. Good luck to ya whichever way u decide.:thumb: