LMM: Electric Fans

Dave Burley

Jul 26, 2010
Hello everyone, I am modifying my truck more and want to put electric cooling fans on it, has anyone done this and where do you get the parts. I can find suff for everything and year exept when it comes to my 2007 2500HD W/duramax LMM. I have even being thinking putting a custom fan shroud in. I want to put a 3 inch body lift in and donot want to cut the fan shroud, please let me know....

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I put together some dual Taurus fans for around $300 including a Dakota Digital dual fan controller with relays. Moves more air than the Flexalites by quite a margin.

Dave Burley

Jul 26, 2010
Hi everyone thanks for the great information, one more question, is the CFM that these fans pull through the rad enough, I do have a lot of heat issues with the Full banks system and the DPF regening quite often I dont want to get into any overheating issues, any ideas, when I looked into iy and called Flexolite Fans they said there fans will not meet the requirements for the 2007s (New Body style) with the LMM turbo Diesel and up, they need at least 5500 cfms, any more info is greatly appreciated Thanks.

BALBZ

Aug 3, 2011
Eastern Shore of MD
Go to your local junk yard and pick up 2 Taurus fans for around $25 each. Get a couple fan controllers and with a little fab work you will be good to go. Total cost is a lot less then flexalite kit and they move enough air for your truck. If you tow heavy i would forget the electric fan idea thoe.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I put together some dual Taurus fans for around $300 including a Dakota Digital dual fan controller with relays. Moves more air than the Flexalites by quite a margin.

Where'd you source your controller? I have my fans just need the wiring now.