electric fans

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
i did a search on dp for them. do any of you guys run them, i see that flexalite makes a kit for around $600:( but this just came to my attention when i pulled the fan off another 06 at work and felt how heavy the fan is. it has to help to get rid of that drag. please any ideas welcome.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Pat is running one in Casper. It's not worth it. It is a hard chore racer mod at best.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
not sure if they fixed the problom yet but a couple guys had issues
with the fuses and they where shorting out and starting on FIRE!

they probably have that issue fixed...i would hope anyway

myojunk

member #4
Aug 6, 2006
Cadiz, Ky
i installed them on my truck. the issue with the fuse seems to be resolved. my kit had a circuit breaker included, no fuse. couple thousand miles so far and all is good. prolly get ya a few MPG's, IF YOU DRIVE IT RIGHT, but what fun is that!:D

carcrafter22

< Danger Ranger
Dec 22, 2006
Burleson,Tx
I am not sure about the stock fan but I think I read on tx's site that his setup flows about 5000cfm. Everyone on there says that its a great setup as long as you dont tow over 8000 pounds. I have been seriously considering this myself since I never tow more than 5-6000 pounds.

turBeau

Sep 12, 2006
I am not sure about the stock fan but I think I read on tx's site that his setup flows about 5000cfm. Everyone on there says that its a great setup as long as you dont tow over 8000 pounds. I have been seriously considering this myself since I never tow more than 5-6000 pounds.

What are you waiting for? :D You won't regret it; he's a stand up guy when it comes to his products.

carcrafter22

< Danger Ranger
Dec 22, 2006
Burleson,Tx
That is what I have heard I have thought about going down to houston to see the setup and maybe pick one up myself I dont live that far from there.

turBeau

Sep 12, 2006
That is what I have heard I have thought about going down to houston to see the setup and maybe pick one up myself I dont live that far from there.

It will take you less time to install it at your house than it will driving to Houston.;)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

So has anyone tested this? I pull the Rockies quite often and pullin a holiday trailer or four quads/sleds. I like the electric idea. Just not sure if 5000cfm is enough.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I don't recommend the fan for towing. Unless you mean GETTING towed. :D

Two problems:

Reliability of Flexalite is very poor. You will absolutely overheat in the summer towing with the fan disabled.

Total airflow is poor. Towing uphill in heat will require more air than the Flexalite will provide.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
That was my concern. I have had these style of fans on Hydraulic coolers and after a year they started packin it in.

Doesn't sound like it is an option for me anyhow though.

It's a no-go if I can't tow!!