EGT monitoring

Bullets&Whitewalls

Nov 26, 2015
Woodland Ca
Hey guys I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for yet so I'm gonna ask, I'm still a newb to the Duramax world I've had my truck just over a year and love it. Aside from lift tires and re geared it is stock. I was wanting to be able to monitor my EGT and don't really know where to start. Is there a gauge set up that I can get and if later down the road I decide to get a tune it will work with it? Or do I need to get something like an edge tuner with a display that shows that? My truck is an 07LMM and I'm not one to just start buying stuff without looking first. If it helps I do haul a small toy hauler with bikes and some decent size vehicles on a flat car trailer. Thanks for any replies

I totally missed the logging and gauge section like a dummy. Mods move if need be.....

Last edited:

Bullets&Whitewalls

Nov 26, 2015
Woodland Ca
I've always liked auto meter stuff so that's good to hear. I just searched the install methods and I think my truck already has the hole from the previous owner. The dealer took everything off he installed.

Last edited:

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I had bad luck with autometer gauges, went to PPE and never looked back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Love my auto meter gauges.. I like both, gauges and the cts insight..

Sent from my SM-G925V
7142c82c1a5753144e3c23bb7bb7adbe.jpg

Last edited:

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
I've had a bad one before as well, but I have had issues with S&W VDO and classic instruments too. I know there's gonna be a bad one here and there with all of them.

Yeah but after the second bad one I decided to try something different. The ppe's look a lot better and have never let me down.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Autometer gauges here too. Just the ultra lite 2s. Had them for 9 years and only had an get probe die from me breaking a wire and a bad oil temp gauge through out that time

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Yeah but after the second bad one I decided to try something different. The ppe's look a lot better and have never let me down.

My cousins PPE pyro gauge shit the bed after 4 years. My Autometer GS is still going strong after 7.5.

I find your argument invalid. lol

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
My cousins PPE pyro gauge shit the bed after 4 years. My Autometer GS is still going strong after 7.5.

I find your argument invalid. lol

I've always been a fan of autometer, they are the go-to brand for all your metering needs. but after I experienced repeated failures I decided to try something different and have been 100% satisfied so far. I've had the ppe's longer than I had the autometers combined!!

Fwiw. Ymmv.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm on my second edge probe in 7 years. I don't think that's too terrible, though it's a bit pricey IMHO. I find it easier to read from the display than from individual gauges.... but the gauges look WAY BETTER!!!