Egt and Drive pressure comparison

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Ordered a set of mani's and up pipes, plus a y-bridge and boost tube from Rick. I'm going to do a stock vs. aftermarket comparison externally logging egt's and drive pressure, to see how much egt's and drive pressure's actually change with these upgrades vs stock. Ill do 3 different stages - all stock, manis and up pipes, then mani's and up pipes with new y bridge and boost tube.

Ill hopefully be doing this within the next month. I'm looking for any ideas/input on how i should approach this, and what everybody wants to see in the logs. Should i just make a couple 0-80 runs with each setup?

I just want to get some good data so we can see how these add on's actually affect a stock style truck.

If anybody's interested holler our some ideas.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I would do 0-100 mph run. My experience with doing up pipes was I still reached the same peak EGT's, it just took longer to heat up.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Do you tow?
That would be interesting if you are ok driveline maybe 1/2 to 3/4 throttle with a load 0-60.

I don't want to see speeding tickets.

from mobile

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Do you tow?
That would be interesting if you are ok driveline maybe 1/2 to 3/4 throttle with a load 0-60.

I don't want to see speeding tickets.

from mobile
1/2 throttle isn't going to show anything and it will be hard to replicate. Need to do WOT runs. The higher the speed the more load on the motor so that will help with the results.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
This wonder full pa weather wont allow for track runs this time of year. I have a perfect 1/8 straight strip right by my house I test on. Dyno may not be out of the question ill have to do some research and see where the closest one is to me and what they charge. I have access to tow any amount of reasonable weight if you guys come up with a controlled test.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I would like to see a loaded acceleration towing.
I just feel like it may be asking too much for an 1/8 mile trailer tow at wot.
Something might break and its not my rig.
But it would really get the heat up and work the truck.

from mobile

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Dynos near you: FJ performance in Delmont, not sure which brand they have. Caleb will know. Then there's Cessna motorsports in CherryTree. Superflow dyno there. I have dyno'd prob close to 10 diff trucks at Cessna's.